GDT: Game 6 - New York Rangers @ Montreal Canadiens, 7:15 ET, (Yes, 7:15, it’s not a typo)

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
The problem is Jones is sitting . First for Rudewedel and now Lindgren
I think this could be Mancini's last game for now. I guess Laviolette wants to see him with different partners, so he gets a game with Lindgren now. But as he's the only one waiver exempt, he'll probably go down as 8 dmen make no sense.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I think this could be Mancini's last game for now. I guess Laviolette wants to see him with different partners, so he gets a game with Lindgren now. But as he's the only one waiver exempt, he'll probably go down as 8 dmen make no sense.
I guess so.

8 game losing streak begins tonight.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Ruhwedel is valueless so I wouldn’t hesitate to just send him to Hartford through waivers to be honest.

Unless you cant get Mancini the games, I’d just rotate he and Jones in with the bottom 4.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
We don't like Lindgren but did you really expect him not to play? At least he's not getting top 4 minutes. I think he could be fine on the 3rd pair playing sheltered minutes. The 3rd pair was getting caved even when it was Jones and Mancini.

I knew he would play again, that isn't really the issue.

I don't like the timing of it honestly (at least wait until they lose) but Montreal is terrible so maybe thats their rationale?

He may be separated from Fox (for now) but does any one really believe thats going to be the case moving forward? Clearly they don't want to throw a guy who missed most of camp with a broken face right back into the fray. He's going to be back to dragging down Fox within 2 weeks.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Mods, you know what to do

@Machinehead @Killem Dafoe @Gardner McKay

do something.gif

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
If we're actually going to move Lindgren away from Fox, then that could be the beginning of the end for him. The degree to which Fox dragged him around last year was mind-boggling.

I don't want it to happen; he's got the mindset I want the whole team to soak up and he's a likeable guy, but he could be exposed early and often this season as being a 7th D at best.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Ruhwedel is valueless so I wouldn’t hesitate to just send him to Hartford through waivers to be honest.

Unless you cant get Mancini the games, I’d just rotate he and Jones in with the bottom 4.
when Mancini gets sent down we’ll have Lindgren - Ruhwedel as our 3rd pair

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad