GDT: Game 6 - New York Rangers @ Montreal Canadiens, 7:15 ET, (Yes, 7:15, it’s not a typo)

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
So frustrating the dinosaur approach to defense permeating throughout the entire organization...more proof that they didn't want to trade Trouba because they think he's bad, they just wanted to spend his $ on Pat Kane. Groundhog day.

Reactions: CLW and Machinehead

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
its cool how we found another defenseman worse than Jones that we can scratch him for. incredible. he's gonna go somewhere next year and put up 60 points.

And then we'll get to read endless puff pieces about how he "needed a wake up call to realize his true potential" and "the NYR had no other choice due to their depth on D"

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Too bad. We actually controlled the puck for 5 games. I don't know what to say. I like Lindgren but he should have been traded. Hopefully last year was a fluke for him and he picks it up a lot this year.

Reactions: CasusBelli

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
1000015252.jpg

It's a sign

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Mix of French and English:

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I don't get the Lindgren hate if he's on the 3rd pair. I actually think he's a pretty good option as a bottom pairing dman (albeit he's obviously overpaid for that).

Our fanbase thinks Trouba and Lindgren are not NHL caliber defenseman. Obviously thats completely asinine statement but somehow it stuck. I give credit to the team for actual making changes to the D-pairs that, in a small sample so far, have helped improve our 5v5 play. Lindgren on the 3rd pair is good. Trouba with a better defensive partner is good. Constantly complaining about fringe roster decisions by the best team in the league is not good.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
So are you all just engaging in the typical histrionics or was your actual plan to just never play Lindgren again and assume he’s just bad from this day forward.

Because… not great strategy in an 82 game dress rehearsal not to play all your cards

Reactions: McRanger92

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
K’Andre Miller -- Adam Fox

Braden Schneider -- Jacob Trouba

Ryan Lindgren -- Victor Mancini

I uh. Actually like this.
Moving the puck under forecheck pressure continues to be the Achilles heel for this group just like it has been the past few unfortunately

Reactions: Killem Dafoe

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Lindgren on the third pair means Lavy is not a typical coach that needs to play the same vets together. This is great news. He's a fine as a bottom pairing D-man.
A 3-goalie system of Igor, Hank and Fourgiev in 2020 means David Quinn is not a typical coach either.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
If Lindgren ends up getting scratched along the way because of performance despite his reputation/contract then thats fine.

I knew he would draw back in once able, but don't be surprised when this team performs worse with him out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad