GDT: Lightning @ Devils - 6:45 PM - MSG

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Is that stat saying that Hischier should be leading the league with five goals so far?

Someone can totally correct me here if I’m wrong, but my understanding is that the expected goals stat is about the quality level of the chances the player has. So the way I read it, Nico is finishing the chances he should be while some of the other goal scorers’ chances were some that would be categorized as stoppable.

Here is a link to the actual stat line on Moneypuck:

Reactions: My3Sons

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
It's a good day. "Negative for high-grade dysplasia or malignancy. " Thank you RWJ...those "Mr. DeVille" commercials won't piss me off so much in the future...

Still have a massive hole in my throat and spitting blood from the biopsy but I'm ok with it...I think I'm going to have a Manhattan tonight and watch the game :)

MVP Zacha

Feb 8, 2012
Kansas
It's a good day. "Negative for high-grade dysplasia or malignancy. " Thank you RWJ...those "Mr. DeVille" commercials won't piss me off so much in the future...

Still have a massive hole in my throat and spitting blood from the biopsy but I'm ok with it...I think I'm going to have a Manhattan tonight and watch the game :)
Glad to hear it. Have a Manhattan on me.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar

IMG_0825.png

Fantastic news

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Offff that sounds rough!

Glad to hear it's negative though!:nod:

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Ride him until he cools down, me thinks.

View attachment 919834
Eh

Allen has a history of struggling when he's called upon to be the guy. That's how the 2019 Blues and Jordan Binnington happened. The turnaround coincided with Binnington being called up and replacing a struggling Allen as the starter for the remainder of the season. You could even see him dying out late last year when he was playing every game down the stretch and Kahkonen was starting only once a week, if even that much.

Allen once a week is fine. This week it will be twice, because the next two games after this are a back to back.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

Make it a stiff one, sounds like you’ve earned it! Glad to hear all is well.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

I must’ve missed you’re initial news while
Going through my own stuff the past few weeks. Glad today was a good news day for you. May it continue tonight…

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Eh

Allen has a history of struggling when he's called upon to be the guy. That's how the 2019 Blues and Jordan Binnington happened. The turnaround coincided with Binnington being called up and replacing a struggling Allen as the starter for the remainder of the season. You could even see him dying out late last year when he was playing every game down the stretch and Kahkonen was starting only once a week, if even that much.

Allen once a week is fine. This week it will be twice, because the next two games after this are a back to back.
Top save% is top. For me 2016 Allen was the best goalie I've withnessed. Demko peaked around same level in 2020. Ridiculous carry in playoffs is what I look up to. My money is on Allen staying strong!

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

Wow, that's great news. Very happy for you. So what is going on? Just some inflamed tissue?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad