GDT: Game 6: New Jersey Devils vs Montreal Canadiens: 10/24/23 7:15pm EST TSN2, RDS(HD), TSN 690

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 60M/yr scam artist, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
I am not attacking Nick. I am simply pointing out that I never for once believed he was genuine 1C. Pisses me off that people thought we were ready to contend with a mediocre C lineup.
I still like Dach's upside but let's say it wouldn't hurt to get one of the top Cs in this year's draft, in fact it should be a top priority. Sell, sell, sell.

Reactions: Gravity

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Suzuki & Caufield are second liners on a contending team. We are doomed if they are the best forwards on the team once the rebuild is over.
GM rookie mistake by Hughes. He should have done like Chicago and traded Suzuki for nice draft picks back at the 2022 draft. Allen to. Playing Monty/Primeau last season and sucking even more so the team could draft top 3 and pick one of the nice centers there.

Then play that nice center and Slaf on the 1st with CC despite with lots of PP opportunities. The team would still suck this year making sure we get a nice draft pick again.

After 4-5 years of that, the players should start to compete like the Devils.

Reactions: Pomee

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Suzuki & Caufield are second liners on a contending team. We are doomed if they are the best forwards on the team once the rebuild is over.
No theyre not. This is non-sense.
I mean look at the #2 C on New Jersey..... He scored like 80 points last year
And Suzuki would do too, probably more. This team is shit, its hard to produce. Especially without a coach.
I have always said Suzuki and Hischier are extremely similar players as well. Great comparable. We just don't have a bonafide 1C and refuse to draft and develop one.
Hischier isnt a 2C either. Youre confusing 1C with superstar. Hughes may very well be the 2nd best C in the league.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Bottle Rocket

Jul 23, 2023
I'm still puzzled as to why we chose to start Primeau instead of sending him down for conditioning, having him dominate and then calling him back to play a big game.

Don't misunderstand me, I think he has been good considering the lack of support.

Instead, let's give him his first start against a team of scorers with a lethal powerplay. While we are the most penalized team.

And right after losing one of our better penalty killers, then calling up Lindstrom.

Oh and in the 2nd game of a back to back coming back from another city when our energy level will plummet.

Monty would likely not have done better, but it feels like it was the worst decision possible for Primeau. Unless you want to play 4D chess and show him lose so we attempt to sneak him through waivers perhaps?

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
1st 3 games in 4 nights of the season gives them a pass or nah?

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
No theyre not. This is non-sense.

And Suzuki would do too, probably more. This team is shit, its hard to produce. Especially without a coach.

Hischier isnt a 2C either. Youre confusing 1C with superstar. Hughes may very well be the 2nd best C in the league.
Hischier had a career year last year but he's a 2C on a contending team.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Wow, only the 4th penalties to the Habs in this game. Plenty of time for another one before the end of the game I guess.

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 60M/yr scam artist, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
Who wouldn't want to crush a car with a tank? - GIF - Imgur

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad