Post-Game Talk: GAME 6 - Hockey Club 2 BRUINS 1 F OT

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Some have said Marchy might of said something first. Msybe get me a centre and winger lol
Yeah, maybe there's some bad blood between Brad and Monty that's starting to boil over, but it just doesn't look good when a coach is yelling and pushing his players on the bench......especially the captain

..save that aggression for the refs ;)

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
I have no problem Monty laying into Marchand there. He could see the direction the team was headed in the third and he was right. Marchand is the captain of this team, he needs to show much more than he has, and if he can’t he may need to retire. Hes not the guy he used to be and the injuries have definitely had their effect, but dumb plays and lack of compete and engagement is something in his control and he has been very non engage so far this season. Pasta same, he’ll pop up for a goal and then disappear for large stretches. These are your leaders and when you have a lot of new faces they need to lead the charge and convince the others to follow along. It’s why they are all over the place at the moment. The identity is non existent

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
I have no problem Monty laying into Marchand there. He could see the direction the team was headed in the third and he was right. Marchand is the captain of this team, he needs to show much more than he has, and if he can’t he may need to retire. Hes not the guy he used to be and the injuries have definitely had their effect, but dumb plays and lack of compete and engagement is something in his control and he has been very non engage so far this season. Pasta same, he’ll pop up for a goal and then disappear for large stretches. These are your leaders and when you have a lot of new faces they need to lead the charge and convince the others to follow along. It’s why they are all over the place at the moment. The identity is non existent
What a long winded way of saying it’s October

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Apart from a few guys, it feels like the Bruins skipped conditioning in the offseason.
They spent too much time looking at guys they shouldn’t have.

Another thing, Marchand will tell you that it’s not acceptable and he will move on and say the coach was right. Then he will move on and play lights out.

This team is not in shape, or at least not in season shape. I think the wanted to look at a few guys and if you think about it, most of the regulars played sporadically.

I’m losing faith in Monty but will give him a month to get this team going. I just don’t know what the f*** his system is. Not much has change with regard to what I see players confused on assignments.

These players as someone said have their stripes. Some try to play a skilled style like Pasta and others when they don’t have that in them. They need to get back to basics.

To be honest, I don’t know how they fix the aggressive forecheck that everyone seems to be copying. It just demoralizes them. Anyone with a better grasp here have any ideas?

Last edited:
Reactions: The Hockey Tonk Man

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021

Another thing, Marchand will tell you that it’s not acceptable and he will move on and say the coach was right. Then he will move on and play lights out.

This team is not in shape, or at least not in season shape. I think the wanted to look at a few guys and if you think about it, most of the regulars played sporadically.

I’m losing faith in Monty but will give him a month to get this team going. I just don’t know what the f*** his system is. Not much has change with regard to what I see players confused on assignments.
Bold part sums up...
I don't know if the Bruins' play (which I don't find so bad at the start of the season) is a result of different factors such as the coach, the stars, or the arrival of several new players or an amalgamation of all this. But I am of the opinion that the way I read the situation is that Monty is smelling hot soup, causing a strategy of last resort and we feel that the fuse of the fans will be short.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Yeah, maybe there's some bad blood between Brad and Monty that's starting to boil over, but it just doesn't look good when a coach is yelling and pushing his players on the bench......especially the captain

..save that aggression for the refs ;)

Especially when he’s “yes sir, no sir” with the refs, even when they make egregiously bad calls.

Reactions: bobbyorr04

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I’m surprised no one has mentioned that right before the argument on the bench Monty put Marchand out with Geekie and Brazeau.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC

These players as someone said have their stripes. Some try to play a skilled style like Pasta and others when they don’t have that in them. They need to get back to basics.

To be honest, I don’t know how they fix the aggressive forecheck that everyone seems to be copying. It just demoralizes them. Anyone with a better grasp here have any ideas?
I remember in the 2013 finals (I think) Doc was talking about the Blackhawks (I think) during a game. He said something along the lines of the Blackhawks aren't a fast team but they pass the puck faster than other teams can skate so their lack of footspeed didnt matter much. I think they really gotta change the way they pass, it's all drop passes and slow saucer passes out of the zone or across the crease instead of passing with purpose and trusting the guy will be where he should be. Also their movements in general are all a step behind the play so opposing teams are getting to pucks or open areas a good 3 seconds before a Bruin is there.

Tldr: Monty needs to bag skate them and eliminate the slow passing by new years.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
It's only the 6th game into the season, and there's no need to go ballistic on your captain (who bleeds black and gold). Monty should've walked over to Marchand, leaned over and had a talk with him (man to man)

Nobody likes to be embarrassed in front of the whole stadium

This is professional hockey, not high school ....act like a pro Monty
In that case.
Stop turning the puck over and keep it simple Marchy.

He's played 1000+ games. He should know better. I know he had some surgeries in the off season. But he hasn't been good in these first 6 games.

To each their own I guess.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I’m surprised no one has mentioned that right before the argument on the bench Monty put Marchand out with Geekie and Brazeau.

What's its relevance? Monty tries different combinations frequently. Even Pasta got 2 mins with Coyle and Marchand, 1:42 with Geekie, 1:13 with Kastelic and Poitras, and 1:09 with Freddy. What's to be read into that sort of thing other than that the coach likes to juggle the lines when he's looking to generate more offense?

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
5 games in and people want the coach fired, LOL

#HFBoardin

We have seen coaches in all sports get the sack pretty early on in seasons. Not saying Monty needs the boot yet, but the poor playoff showing the past two years can't help, and the FO has sent a signal with the team they have tried to assemble that there needs to be a different approach. Monty has to work with the team he has, versus the team he wishes he had. I know, there is another school of thought that coaches should coach the way they've had success with and get the players to buy in. I don't know which way is right, but I do think Monty is probably under some pressure even though we are just 6 games in.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
In that case.
Stop turning the puck over and keep it simple Marchy.

He's played 1000+ games. He should know better. I know he had some surgeries in the off season. But he hasn't been good in these first 6 games.

To each their own I guess.
Absolutely Marchand should know better, and he definitely needs to get reprimanded for it.....I just didn't like the way Monty handled it

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
What's its relevance? Monty tries different combinations frequently. Even Pasta got 2 mins with Coyle and Marchand, 1:42 with Geekie, 1:13 with Kastelic and Poitras, and 1:09 with Freddy. What's to be read into that sort of thing other than that the coach likes to juggle the lines when he's looking to generate more offense?
He buried Marchand with the two guys he just benched and then benched again in this game. It was a message.

Reactions: dangermike

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad