Post-Game Talk: GAME 6 - Hockey Club 2 BRUINS 1 F OT

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
Also is it just me or does the whole team (beaides the 4th line) seem weaker physically than every opponent they've faced so far? They can't move guys off pucks but are constantly being tossed off them by opposing teams. Sure they are big but they aren't strong.
Bad angles skating to numbers so they need to let up. Need to get angles right to crush off the corner shoulder. Bad coaching and practice habits that can be fixed.

Reactions: Gordoff

badbrewin

Sponsor
Jan 13, 2007
Montreal
Brad screwed up but if anyone deserves a Mulligan it's him. He pays the price every game and NEVER held out for more money or wasn't a good soldier.
I thought it disgraceful to treat him like that. f*** Montgomery and the horse he rode in on.
Reminded me of what coach Kasper did to Neely....his shelf life wasn't very long after that

Geekie joining the roster should help the middle six.

Any word on when he'll be ready?
I'm calling Geekie for a 5th rounder to clear up cap space for Johnson

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
The 1st line will get there eventually but the 2nd line just isn’t happening. For now I would flip Marchand and Zacha . I was a big fan of Brazeau last year but am losing patience . Geekie looks abysmal. Why haven’t they signed Tyler Johnson ?

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Leafs and Lightning both lost . Had a look at the Atlantic division standings . Bruins are right in the mix so ultimately this game doesn’t mean much as frustrating as it was to watch .

BamBamCam

Apr 12, 2011
Crowsnest Pass AB
If Bruins had a Powerplay they would've 2 pt. Play and simple
So far this season the Bruins have lost 5 pts on a terrible PP. For the last 4 effing years.
THANK YOU Chris Kelly

Reactions: BTO

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Couldn't they just waive Tufte?
They could, but I don't believe they will play with 14 forwards long term, so someone else will have to go.

I just don't believe that a tiny 35 year old who has been awful the past couple years is a magic solution to their problems.
L

I asked in the roster thread the other day what do you have to add to Geekie to bring Heinen home

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Too many struggles to outshoot / out chance opponents since the midpoint of last season...which tells me it's a system issue.
No. It’s a roster issue. When you have 50 goals walk on your forward line, over the summer and offset it with Lindholm, Jones and Kastelic you are going to have your fair share of 1 goal games. Firing the coach (which is laughable, btw) isn’t going to change that.

But at least we dropped $5mil on a guy playing for his 6th team in 10yrs, to improve our D (which was 5th best last yr).

Last edited:

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
What was Carlo thinking during that first goal?

1729401247489.jpeg

1729401399526.jpeg

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Marchand should have dumped puck back into the corner on backhand but decided to carry it towards blueline in traffic.Monty was pretty hot about it for sure.
Yes, but the defenseman also decided to change for some reason (unless he was called off). He skated it up to the blue line (which he shouldn’t have) but there should’ve been a guy there for support and to dump the puck to but there wasn’t. Bad look yelling at your captain on the bench imo.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
What struck me is Monty's freak out on the goal that was negated by off-sides. He was screaming at Brad even pushing on him on shoulder.

That is a bit over the top.

A lot of players in the Top 9 are slotted a line or two above where they should be.
Everyone but Pasta actually. The forward group borders on dismal and I find what Neely is selling insulting.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
What struck me is Monty's freak out on the goal that was negated by off-sides. He was screaming at Brad even pushing on him on shoulder.

That is a bit over the top.

I thought so it. IMO unprofessional to do that outside the dressing room. He's on the hot seat, and out of answers.
Yeah, that was not a good look for Monty, yelling at and shoving your Captain on the bench

Reactions: BTO and Gordoff

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Sweeney's thinking: 3 out 4 points in two road games and the team is still trying to find itself. Not bad, I'll take it. Next.

Personally, I see the issues. From what I've read other people see the issues. I think even my dog can see the issues ... all valid concerns.

With all the turnover in player personnel the past two years the team appears to be a ship with out a rudder trying to find it's way.
It may be a while before they find cohesiveness.
If after 40 - 60 games the team is still struggling, it may be time for someone new at the helm to right the ship.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Yes, but the defenseman also decided to change for some reason (unless he was called off). He skated it up to the blue line (which he shouldn’t have) but there should’ve been a guy there for support and to dump the puck to but there wasn’t. Bad look yelling at your captain on the bench imo.
Yea Monty don't have a new deal yet so there's that.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
They need less creativity. They need to simplify and start playing a north-south game and getting bodies and pucks to the net. You know, like the “4th” line does. Maybe shoot once in a while too.
I'll add keeping their damn sticks on the ice. So many pucks missed and given away because they are all skating with their stick at their side.

Everyone but Pasta actually. The forward group borders on dismal and I find what Neely is selling insulting.
They could definitely make up for the lack of talent with tenacity and aggressive play but they all seem to know they are safe and at no risk.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Reminded me of what coach Kasper did to Neely....his shelf life wasn't very long after that

I'm calling Geekie for a 5th rounder to clear up cap space for Johnson
Kasper, yes. He also dumped on Kevin Stevens too. One game, he benched them both. Had them sitting there like fools for I don't know how long while the rest of the team played. Middle School coaching antics.
Screaming in Marchands face like that, I wanted to smack him in the head.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad