GDT: Game 6- Blues @ Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
The Blues have started out better in this game than any other, so far this young season. Let's hope they can keep it up and get a convincing road win in this one.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Sick feed from Saad to set that sequence up.
Passed it through three Flames to spring Kyrou loose.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Kyrou in all alone on a breakaway, but the goalie stops it. I still say that Kyrou needs to work on his final moves in close. He gets a LOT of breakawayt chances, but finishes on way too few.

Reactions: shpongle falls

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Kyrou really needs better creativity on the breakaway. But, with the current number of shots he's putting on net the goals will start picking up.

I still want to see him more focused on his 2-way game and backcheck more early in the season tho.

Reactions: Robb_K

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Very good 1st Period for The Blues! They killed off a penalty and were skating hard up ice, and buzzing around the net, resulting in several good scoring chances. I like what I've seen so far. Kapanen took a hint from Vrana's benching. His listless play in the last few games before this deserved benching just as much as Vrana's.

Reactions: Blueston

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Will also add another layer of wrong if the goal stays attributed to Leddy
Honestly; not going to hold that one against him.
The puck was clearly deflected and Jake was right there. Took slow-mo replay to see that it was Zadorov's stick that got it.

But overall: I agree the Rivers has been bad.
I say it's time to bring in Jammer.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Honestly; not going to hold that one against him.
The puck was clearly deflected and Jake was right there. Took slow-mo replay to see that it was Zadorov's stick that got it.

From the feed I saw it looked to clearly be off of the Flames player.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Rivers: "Our D, not just playing D, but Parayko, PErunovich, putting shots on net, making things happen."

Perunovich's stat line: 3 minutes TOI, 0 shots, 0 things made happen.

• Haha
Reactions: BlueDream

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Markstrom robbed Kyrou on that last save. The Blues had several good chances on that power play with some nice crisp puck movement!

Yet another odd-man rush by The Blues with Leddy joining in and getting a good chance.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Kapanen has really been unusually energetic in this game. It's good that The Blues have 2 lines that are scoring and driving the offensive play, rather than just the Thomas-Kyrou-Buchnevich line. They've drawn another power play!

The Blues had two men right in front to jump on rebounds on that flurry, that almost led to another goal!

Reactions: MissouriMook

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Hofer with a LONNNNG 3-Zone stretch pass to a teammate behind the defence, which might have led to another goal. He's played well this game and progressing nicely with his NHL experience. I finally am feeling more confident about The Blues long-term goaltending situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad