GDT: Game #57 - Blues@Oilers - 6:30 PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Sidedness doesn't mean much when the puck has been in the zone for a long time. D constantly switch sides around the net depending on the situation. I'd have to watch the entire sequence back, but I have been watching Ceci closely the past few weeks with all the talk about if we need to upgrade on him, and I watch him turn over low pressure puck retrievals and so often be out of position. I think you're right the pairing as a whole has looked awful, but I think its largely because of Ceci. Nurse should look a lot better with a more capable puck retriever and puck mover.
I understand that. However the point is both drift into low chance area too frequently and fail to cover one another. When this team was rolling there was strong consistent structure with weak side coverage. Through the slide its steadily drifted back to no communication and this pair especially chasing all over the ice giving up open high danger ice. Too much chase in their game. And when caught out, Nurse is not committing to blocking shots instead drifting in and out of his goalie's vision to see and stop pucks.

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
Outshot 10-8 this period but not your typical Edmonton second this far

Hopefully the third goes as usual

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Sounds like you only like your own opinion. You’re entitled to that.
Others on here and sports announcers will have a different opinion on the series . We don’t have enough depth in bottom 6. It has been exposed
Fourier has posted stats 100 times stating that it was 1 line on vegas that exposed us.

And it wasnt the bottom 6 of them or the bottom 6 of us getting exposed

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
Meh it just dies when Ceci gets it. Hes thinking shoot, but sees Kane ready for a shot, hesitates on what to do, and just dumps it behind the net and the team loses it 5 second later.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Ceci puts it down low, and the Oilers retained full possession with time and space, and everyone blames Ceci for someone else's giveaway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad