GDT: Game #51 - New York Rangers vs Vancouver Canucks - 8pm EST, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I was looking at Quality of Competition metrics because somebody was spitting nonsense on the main boards.

I found that Kreider, Zibanejad, and Fox face the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd hardest competition on the team, with Kreider in particular absolutely shoveling shit for this team. I had no idea just how much of a QoC sponge Kreider is.

They've played these roles to the following results:

download (12).png

download (13).png

download (14).png

Absolute horsepower.

Our ability to beat your best is low-key one of the Rangers' best assets.

Fox is f***ing hilarious, bro. They should give him the Norris and name it after him.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I was looking at Quality of Competition metrics because somebody was spitting nonsense on the main boards.

I found that Kreider, Zibanejad, and Fox face the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd hardest competition on the team, with Kreider in particular absolutely shoveling shit for this team. I had no idea just how much of a QoC sponge Kreider is.

View attachment 647281

View attachment 647282

View attachment 647283

Absolute horsepower.

Fox is f***ing hilarious, bro. They should give him the Norris and name it after him.
Zibanejad should be in the Selke conversation every year. It’s such a stupid reputation trophy.

Reactions: TheDirtyH and Atax

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Zibanejad should be in the Selke conversation every year. It’s such a stupid reputation trophy.
To that point, I wouldn't put a ton of stock into Zibanejad coming back orange-ish for defense here. Top centers have a lot of responsibility and you'd be surprised how few of them are blue, let alone where Fox is.

It also really contextualizes how broken Adam Fox is. He's a broken game mechanic. He should be on the ban list for official tournament play.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York

View attachment 647281

View attachment 647282

View attachment 647283

Absolute horsepower.

If only Fox were generational like Dahlin, Karlsson, and Makar

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
Dang it, going to miss the last chunk of this game since it'll overlap with my son's whose just coming off suspension!

Let's go boys, don't drop to Vancouver's level.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013

View attachment 647281

View attachment 647282

View attachment 647283

Absolute horsepower.

I said it before and ill say it again..when analytics goes to sleep,it dreams of Adam Fox

Last edited:

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
If only Fox were generational like Dahlin, Karlsson, and Makar
It's actually pretty funny watching Fox, a kid who was the only player to win a Norris in his second season besides Bobby Orr and plays on the team in the largest US market, has somehow become underrated.

People see a small player who isn't particularly impressive physically and puts up offensive numbers and just assume he's a one dimensional player.

You go ask any random fan about Fox they'll be like yeah but he gets sheltered and is a liability in his own zone. You still see this stuff all over the place online from fans, it's just wild how flawed so much of the thinking around him is.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hey Fellas,

Updated the line ups for both teams. Looks like the same line-ups expect Shesty gets the start. 8pm Start time, remember.

Last edited:
Reactions: Unpredictable1

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

View attachment 647281

View attachment 647282

View attachment 647283

Absolute horsepower.

Fox is Nick Lidstrom reborn, on both ends of the ice. Its no surprise to hear Foxy say that was the player he idolized growing up.

I think we sometimes lose sight of Kreider's contributions to the organization. If he completes his current contract as a Ranger and stays mostly healthy, he will be either 2nd or 3rd all-time in goals scored. If we somehow win a Cup, he is the last player to wear #20 in blue. The same can be said about Mika, he just has more time to do it.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
At the risk of pissing off Snowblind and making mas0764 happy, Gallant should give PP2 the bulk of power plays to get their confidence up on the man advantage.
With that same goal in mind, thats exactly why PP1 needs to be on the ice. THEY need that confidence even more than the kids at this point. Haha.

Reactions: will1066

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
At the risk of pissing off Snowblind and making mas0764 happy, Gallant should give PP2 the bulk of power plays to get their confidence up on the man advantage.
I've been screaming this at my TV for two weeks at least. PP1 finally with a nice goal trying something different Monday, but they've not been good for a bit now. It does seem like he's opting to the 2nd PP earlier through the 2 minutes though, which is nice.

Reactions: will1066

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Fil with another multi goal game tonight, calling it right now
Maybe this time he will SHOOT for that hat trick. It's okay you know Fil, shoot the puck Barry! Shoot the puck!

That said, as the years go by, I wonder if Filip is going to be a streaky scorer like Mika. You know, CRAZY streaky. Or, will he be a steady Eddie as a Center? 40 goals a season, only going a couple to 3 games without scoring, kind of steady.

Reactions: DanielBrassard
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad