Post-Game Talk: GAME 51 - BRUINS 5 Leafs 2 F - ENJOY VACATION GUYS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
I've had Acciari circled as a great option for the Bruins for a little while. Cheap and comes with zero contract baggage, New England native, has improved offensively since he left Boston, versatile and can play pretty much any role in the bottom 6, physical, good penalty killer, has playoff experience and will surely feel he has unfinished business in the postseason after the events of 2019, and the Blues are having a miserable time and will likely happily trade him for not much.

Would love to see him back in the black and gold. He's not a game-changer, but would be a really solid add.
Dare I say Acciari could be that Peverly-esque addition?

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I cannot stress how f***ing good Linus Ullmark has been this season.
I doubt you will get an arguement.
Missed the first ten minutes or so of the first and then had to pop back out right after it was over, hitting the road for a couple weeks.

Carlo, Coyle, Lauko, Zacha and Freddy all looked great tonight. Ullmark is oustanding, don't see too many "Skidmark" posts these days.
That was so ignorant and never deserved.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
One thing that can not be overstated is . It appears every player is happy to be a Bruin and every player is happy to contribute in any way they can . Winning makes this easier ,but having a room full of players feeling this way goes a long way towards winning

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Did not watch tonight. I was too distracted by the thought of a big scan tomorrow. However, I followed and watched the TSN highlights.

This was our most impressive win given everything. It looked like everyone was going after some rest. Lauko's hustle and speed was noticeable even in the highlights. They never should have demoted him. Though I will say I overestimated his hands. Anyway, his stamina and hustle makes for a pretty good energy line.

Oh, I also like Greer, but he should never be allowed to fight again. He makes Greg Campbell look like Rocky Marciano.

good luck!

Reactions: JerseyBruin

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Did not watch tonight. I was too distracted by the thought of a big scan tomorrow. However, I followed and watched the TSN highlights.

This was our most impressive win given everything. It looked like everyone was going after some rest. Lauko's hustle and speed was noticeable even in the highlights. They never should have demoted him. Though I will say I overestimated his hands. Anyway, his stamina and hustle makes for a pretty good energy line.

Oh, I also like Greer, but he should never be allowed to fight again. He makes Greg Campbell look like Rocky Marciano.
You GOT this

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

TORONTO — Helped by an early booster shot from their defensemen, the Bruins shook off their offensive melancholia of late and snapped their three-game winless drought with a sharp, impressive 5-2 victory over the Maple Leafs Wednesday night at Scotiabank Arena.

After defensemen Derek Forbort (shorthanded) and Brandon Carlo scored in the second period, providing a 2-1 lead, A.J. Greer and Pavel Zacha (2) helped to pour it on in the third, sending the Black and Gold into the All-Star break with a league-best 39-7-5 record.

“I think we got back to our identity tonight, that was Bruins hockey,” said coach Jim Montgomery. “Our depth, our D-men, our scoring, it was fun to watch.”

Linus Ullmark, chosen the Atlantic Division’s All-Star netminder, turned back 33 shots and improved to a league-leading 26-4-1 for the season. The Swedish stopper has equaled his win total from last season (26-10-2), his first after joining the club as a free agent from the Sabres.

Zacha, recently signed to a four-year contract extension, now has 35 points, one short of the career high he set last season in New Jersey, and his 11 goals position him perhaps to surpass his career high of 17.

“It’s a great feeling,” noted Zacha. “I said from the start, I want to be part of this team, and after playing 35 or 40 games, just seeing how good of a team this is, I wanted to sign even more. It’s nice to know the team wants you here, moving forward.”

The 0-2-1 winless streak was the Bruins’ longest skid of the season. Now with much-needed rest and relaxation ahead for most of them, they won’t play again until the Capitals come to the Garden for a matinee on Feb. 11.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
almost like he pinched a nerve in his left shoulder in the first intermission ... that glove hand just stopped working! :laugh:
Yeah don’t know,they had some good scoring chances in the first period but they weren’t elevating the puck at all .I said during the game they needed to get it up ,I guess they heard me.Lol

Reactions: KWbruin

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
Such a big win to shake off the other 3 games (Not going to say the L word) and go in to the break on a positive note.

Greer. Zacha. Ullmark.

I only watched a few minutes but the leafs were really attacking when it was 1-1 and 2-1, after it was 4-2, I thought they really packed up the tents and mailed it in the rest of the way.

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
I typically go to about 7 Devils games a year and watch them a dozen more (ah family).

I, 90% of the time, felt vanilla or meh when it came to Zacha. This is a different person and player. Credit to Donny, Monty, and the character of that locker room and Zacha of course.

Lauko changes the 4th line. Period.

If you played the game, what is unlike all the others, tonight Smith and Foligno looked like the answer.

Couldn't be happier for Carlo and just for cross-checking Bunting, his drinks are always paid for.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Bruins executed without Debrusk, and without Marchy, Bergy, Pasta putting up points. Toronto is nowhere close to beating this team in a 7 game series.

It saddens me to think of our Stanley Cup team and how we dominated physically and then watch Greer get pumped by Simmonds, a best case middleweight past his prime. I hope we grab some toughness for games when we need it at the deadline.
There is little to no fighting in the playoffs.
Any toughness the B's need is:
The willingness to be the first person in the corner and take the hit to get the puck.​
Stand in front of the net, accept some punishment and possiblitly of getting hit with the puck​
Willing to hang on to the puck the extra second to make the right play, even knowing your going to get hit.​
The B's have this more than Toronto.

Reactions: rfournier103

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
So good to be back on the winning side of things, especially at the expense of those lovable, laughable Leafs.

The Toronto Maple Leafs are the gift that keeps on giving. I know that the era of Leaf suckage will end at some point (after all, if the Cubs can win the World Series…), but who’s to say “when?”

Already watched Steve Dangle’s video. Now to soak in some more highlights :D
…and after that, I think I’ll rewatch the Bruins-Habs game just for funsies.
1675348208842.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad