Post-Game Talk: Game #50: Canucks win 3-2 in a shootout against the Flames - FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kmode

Nov 3, 2006
00:02 Kevin Westgarth Roughing against Kellan Lain

That's from the official NHL official scorecard. Awaiting corrections if you are write.

I guess I missed the fight with Smid between the faceoff and Westgarth grabbing him.

Still need you to explain why there wasn't a penalty for dropping the gloves at the faceoff and grabbing Bieksa during play.

As for Lain - we'll agree to disagree.

any time you like

Westgarth's 2 minute penalty was for dropping the gloves and grabbing Bieksa off the draw. Maybe NHL.com has it wrong because there's no way he got the extra 2 for his fight with Lain.

Kmode

Nov 3, 2006
It would be on the coach to use forwards on defense to reduce the minutes.

Burrows almost had to play as a defenseman a few years ago due to injuries. So i guess Burr would be a candidate to play on the blueline in this situation.

Probably not in his first game back after almost a couple months off. He was gassed playing forward, there's no way they'd play him on D with his conditioning as poor as it is right now.

Wetcoaster

Burr inviting old teammate Shane O'Brien for a post-game drink at the Roxy.

sLIH9BA.gif

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
I think Hrudey was mentioning SOB traversing the length of his bench from his usual spot right at the time.

Yeah the live shot its pretty clear. O'Brien comes charging down the bench to do his usual tough guy act and then Burrows made the gesture.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
As a Flyers fan I'm loving what Torts did, I have a ton of respect for him, a couple years ago when he called out the whole Penguins organization for being the biggest whiners and babies in the league and basically saying what almost everyone else thinks about Bettman's darlings it made me a life long fan of him, I respect him more as a coach, the Rangers had the Flyers number when he was behind their bench, and they also played a solid defensive game with lots of physical play

Makes me happy the Canucks grabbed him up, I always felt the Canucks are like the Flyers of the West everybody hates them like Philly!!
Plus watching the Sedins is like watching a magic show, if ever for some dumb reason Roo (Giroux) ever gets traded I would hope and want him to go to Van, just to watch him play with the Sedins holy Harry Potter magic that line would be

Good luck the rest of the way ladies and gents, nothing but love from Philly!!

Squall

Mar 22, 2013
Can someone explain why Bieksa garrison and the other guys were ejected from the entire game? Yet sestito was able to play for the rest of the game? I don't really get how that works. thanks.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Can someone explain why Bieksa garrison and the other guys were ejected from the entire game? Yet sestito was able to play for the rest of the game? I don't really get how that works. thanks.

Sestito and McGrattan were the first fight. Subsequent fights at the same stoppage get tossed.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
As a Flyers fan I'm loving what Torts did, I have a ton of respect for him, a couple years ago when he called out the whole Penguins organization for being the biggest whiners and babies in the league and basically saying what almost everyone else thinks about Bettman's darlings it made me a life long fan of him, I respect him more as a coach, the Rangers had the Flyers number when he was behind their bench, and they also played a solid defensive game with lots of physical play

Makes me happy the Canucks grabbed him up, I always felt the Canucks are like the Flyers of the West everybody hates them like Philly!!
Plus watching the Sedins is like watching a magic show, if ever for some dumb reason Roo (Giroux) ever gets traded I would hope and want him to go to Van, just to watch him play with the Sedins holy Harry Potter magic that line would be

More allies! Thanks! And I agree with you about the flyers of the west. Also Claude girioux isu favorite non Canuck , just love what he brings. Criminal he was left off team Canada

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC

Perhaps we can work out a Sedins for Giroux and someone else (maybe Schenn or Couturier?) trade? That way everyone can be happy :D ;)

It's nice to see other teams fans liking what we are doing for once. Us Canuck fans have put up with so much crap on here for years that this is definitely a breath of fresh air.

Peter

Mar 1, 2002
Alberta
Visit site
The funniest part of last night was Stock crying that everyone in the US were going to be watching the incident, followed by Weekes exclaiming that the whole world was watching HNIC.

Quite the bubble they reside in over there at CBC.

Moaning and complaining about how the US market would be using this episode to down grade NHL hockey...and then talking about it non-stop...showing the same fighting clips over and over again....LOL

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
Burrows was just asking SOB if he was feeling the Roxy Flu at all. Hilarious, nice to have Burr back.

Also, I love how Kesler sees Burrows and is all, "I want to get in on the fun too!"

Last edited:

Willting*

Perhaps we can work out a Sedins for Giroux and someone else (maybe Schenn or Couturier?) trade? That way everyone can be happy :D ;)

It's nice to see other teams fans liking what we are doing for once. Us Canuck fans have put up with so much crap on here for years that this is definitely a breath of fresh air.

What???

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
PJ Stock is such a clown:
PJ Stock ‏@PJStockHNIC 3h
Twitter is great for letting people get in touch with u + letting u know how they feel- also for showing how Canucks fans are poor spellers.

He just loves attention. So pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad