GDT: Game 50: Avs @ Oilers | Thursday, February 1st, 7pm MT | The end is near...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Man, reading the Oilers GDT it looks exactly like the blasted, radioactive hellscape this board was last year. But even those raging homers knew that was a no goal.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Man, reading the Oilers GDT it looks exactly like the blasted, radioactive hellscape this board was last year. But even those raging homers knew that was a no goal.

Oilers have been genuinely screwed by challenges this year, so I fully understand them just being sick of it.

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
Rantanen has been dominating next to boards.
Kerfoot has not been first line center. Luckily Landy and Rants have been great.

Reactions: Vaslof

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York

Oilers are a one man show in McDavid. Thats all they have. Even the German is not playing up to his expectations and he is playing on McDavid's line.

member 116861

Oilers are a one man show in McDavid. Thats all they have. Even the German is not playing up to his expectations and he is playing on McDavid's line.

Reminds me of a certain team...

The Canucks

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
What are the chances that a 4th round pick would do more for us than Comeau? I say just keep him

I feel like his stock is rising and he could be the kinda player that gets an overpayment at the deadline. I hope they don't force a deal, but I hope they take calls for him.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
What are the chances that a 4th round pick would do more for us than Comeau? I say just keep him

For starters, we would get more then just a 4th for Comeau. Conversations likely start at a 3rd+ and with his versatility in the lineup he could very well fetch us a 2nd.

And while yeah there's a pretty good chance that even a 2nd or 3rd round pick dont end up helping us like Comeau can. But there's also a chance(However small it may be) that the 2nd/3rd round pick we get turns out to be another Sam Girard, or another Tyson Barrie, or it could turn out to be the pick we end up using on our future starting goaltender.

Lots of reasons to make a move like that when we're a team that's clearly not actually contending for a cup right now or even next year.

Reactions: Teuras

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
If the best offer for Comeau is a 3rd, Avs should just hang on to him. A second rounder would be a good return.

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
For starters, we would get more then just a 4th for Comeau. Conversations likely start at a 3rd+ and with his versatility in the lineup he could very well fetch us a 2nd.

And while yeah there's a pretty good chance that even a 2nd or 3rd round pick dont end up helping us like Comeau can. But there's also a chance(However small it may be) that the 2nd/3rd round pick we get turns out to be another Sam Girard, or another Tyson Barrie, or it could turn out to be the pick we end up using on our future starting goaltender.

Lots of reasons to make a move like that when we're a team that's clearly not actually contending for a cup right now or even next year.

Plus you give him a chance at the playoffs and can still sign him again next year . Of course this is if the playoffs are lost . If we're in the race keep him

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Comeau has been disciplined this year. Same with Landeskog and EJ. Avs doesn't really have a problem with stupid penalties this far.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Do you guys worry that Comeau is more engaged this season because it's a contract year, his chemistry with Soderberg? Or because were not historically bad haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad