GDT: Game #5: Utah HC @ Anaheim - 8:00pm MDT - Utah16, Arizona61

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
We need some more size in the line-up imo. Get rid of Carcone and get some more beef in the bottom 6 who can skate. Too many small players on this forward core. I don't mind the top 6 being smaller, but the bottom 6 should be full of big guys who are hard to play against.
Think it's ultimately going to be a top 9 of skill guys, might get some big guys in there if they have the skill. 4th line can be big, but they need to be able to skate/defend and not just be big.

Reactions: Mangosteen

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
Think it's ultimately going to be a top 9 of skill guys, might get some big guys in there if they have the skill. 4th line can be big, but they need to be able to skate/defend and not just be big.
Ya, that is def how the league is trending. Honestly if But turns into a beast 3rd liner I'll be happy. But with our fwd depth, I think we can still have a bottom 6 full of guys that are fast and big.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Ya, that is def how the league is trending. Honestly if But turns into a beast 3rd liner I'll be happy. But with our fwd depth, I think we can still have a bottom 6 full of guys that are fast and big.
Where is Crouse this year. One hit in five games which is 15th on the team. As much as Hayton has been a surprise, Crouse has been a big disappointment. Again, why is Maccelli on the fourth line and not on a line with Crouse which was so good last year?

TheLegend

"Just say it 3 times..."
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Where is Crouse this year. One hit in five games which is 15th on the team. As much as Hayton has been a surprise, Crouse has been a big disappointment. Again, why is Maccelli on the fourth line and not on a line with Crouse which was so good last year?
He’s having his usual Shane Doan-esque slow start.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Since the team moved, I haven't followed anything at all about them, or uncharacteristically, the entire NHL. This is my first time on HFB since last April, so it was surprising to see almost all familiar names posting here on the Utah team board. I dunno; maybe it's time for me to start following the NHL in general again.

I still have zero interest in how a team in a different city is doing, much less an emotional attachment. But that's a step forward from my former sour-grapes take of wishing the worst for the team.

Just thought I'd bury this post in a GDT thread.

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
This team is like Hotel California. You can check out any time you want, but you can never leave.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad