Pre-Game Talk: Game 5: Tampa @ Toronto - April 27th, 2023

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mapleleafs34

Apr 7, 2011
The 1st goal is absolutely massive tomorrow night. If Tampa scores first, the crowd will think "here we go again" and be nervous all night just like game 7 last year. If Toronto scores first, the crowd will be rocking like game 2 and I don't think Tampa will be able to overcome it.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
The 1st goal is absolutely massive tomorrow night. If Tampa scores first, the crowd will think "here we go again" and be nervous all night just like game 7 last year. If Toronto scores first, the crowd will be rocking like game 2 and I don't think Tampa will be able to overcome it.

Crowd needs to be the true 6th man here

I expect nothing less then a standing ovation throughout the entire first period

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
This series is the exact opposite of the usual Leafs series. Normally the Leafs outplay the other team and end up losing, this year they are clearly the worst team most of the time.

And yet, they keep winning. Feels like they just want it more and win when it counts. I don't think they'll blow it this time.

• Love
Reactions: Auston 316

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Crowd needs to be the true 6th man here

I expect nothing less then a standing ovation throughout the entire first period
Leafs fans have been very vocal. If they’re quiet it won’t be because they’re just sitting on their hands, they’d have a reason to

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
I expect us to dominate for 60 minutes and feel nothing but eternal positivity for all our players on every play. As well,I will marvel at the strategic brilliance and in game tactical mastery of our superior coach.
i just hope we hang on by our fingernails and win

Reactions: DarkKnight

MAB1

Jul 18, 2022
Don't think this matters, Toronto scored 1st in game 6 against the Bruins JT's first season when they were up 3-2 and still lost. The Leafs are up 3-1 because they're the better team, close the Bolts window for good Thursday night w a full 60 min effort.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
With Cernak out again for game 5, we need to keep taking advantage. The last thing we need is to lose game 5 in Toronto and head to Tampa for game 6 with Cernak potentially returning to their lineup and giving them that extra boost.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
We need Mats Sundin, Bryan McCabe, Tomas Kaberle, Darcy Tucker, Joe Nieuwendyk to be in attendance for this. Maybe fly in Ed Belfour in too? Jays Alumni always support the Jays when there is something big happening, why can’t Leafs alumni do the same?

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
We need Mats Sundin, Bryan McCabe, Tomas Kaberle, Darcy Tucker, Joe Nieuwendyk to be in attendance for this. Maybe fly in Ed Belfour in too? Jays Alumni always support the Jays when there is something big happening, why can’t Leafs alumni do the same?
Jeff O'Neill takes up too much room in the alumni box and hogs all the shrimp.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Alumni box is always full for every game from my understanding.
Why would you assume it wouldn't be?

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Alumni box is always full for every game from my understanding.
Why would you assume it wouldn't be?

That's fine, I just want to see those guys in particular because they were members of the Leafs last time they won a series. Would be kinda cool to see them in the house.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
That's fine, I just want to see those guys in particular because they were members of the Leafs last time they won a series. Would be kinda cool to see them in the house.
I've seen Kaberle and Tucker there many times handing out the Leaf Troops jersey.
Not sure where the others live.

Personally, these shameful type of records are better off ignored then celebrated.

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
Im really hoping we come out tomorrow with nothing to lose. Push the pace, amp up the intensity and force some mistakes

Have you even watched the games ?

The strategy is:

Get dominated for 1/2 the game and shoot from the point and hash marks and tip and or screen on Vasi.

Expect the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad