GDT: Game 5: Sharks @ Jets 5:00pm NBCSCA

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021
Time for a new system
Is it the system or the player/coach relationship it looks like the veterans are buying in the youngsters outside of Celebrini not so much. I missed this game so I didn’t get to see this calamity 8 goals against it’s not all systems I’d say the Anaheim game was the closest the team has played to how Woof wants them to play which was simple and structured, they also showed a great transition game against St. Louis too.

I still think he’s trying to be the young guys friends and not their coach that’s gotta change

Reactions: Chinaski89

Timo Time

73-9
Feb 21, 2012
San Jose, CA
1000005164.jpg

Reactions: fasterthanlight

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
As for the game, who would have thunk that not playing 3 of your 5 legitimate top 6 players would be bad?

Yeah I mean that’s sort of it. Our defense is bad and we know it’s bad, the only competitive thing we have is a shiny Celebrini and our beloved Willie Eklund and the soon-to-be-beloved Will Smith and they’re all out. Granlund, Zetterlund and Toffoli can only do so much.

I really, really want to see this team with Muhk, Celebrini, Smith and Eklund all playing. This injury bug that started last year and continued into this one is a real f***ing drag.

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
Would GM Grier fire Wars if they are 0-10 by their 10th game? How embarrassing, so many here think wars was the greatest coach for the Sharks! Marco Sturm would have been better coach! It's not too late to get Sturm.

We have the worst roster in the league to begin with. Then you take away Eklund, Mack (and Smith) and your starting goalie shits the bed… and somehow that is on the coach?

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024
As for the game, who would have thunk that not playing 3 of your 5 legitimate top 6 players would be bad?
Which one is the bastard?

We have the worst roster in the league to begin with. Then you take away Eklund, Mack (and Smith) and your starting goalie shits the bed… and somehow that is on the coach?
It was when the coach was Quinn and you were all blaming the lack of a system. How'd you enjoy tonight's system? Do you think Warsofsky did a good job of making the Sharks "tough to play against"?

• Haha
Reactions: hotcabbagesoup

vortexy

Jun 13, 2024
Nico Sturm with another insightful postgame interview. Says “the last two games really felt like last year”….Remember what Warso has been preaching all training camp and regular season? “Last year was last year.”

Pretty sure Warso is going to really dislike players talking about last years vibes etc especially from a veteran to the media. It really goes against his entire message that he’s been preaching.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Nico Sturm with another insightful postgame interview. Says “the last two games really felt like last year”….Remember what Warso has been preaching all training camp and regular season? “Last year was last year.”

Pretty sure Warso is going to really dislike players talking about last years vibes etc especially from a veteran to the media. It really goes against his entire message that he’s been preaching.
Sturm just doesn't give a crap about what he says to the media, which is refreshing.

The problem is he's one of the problems with the actual quality of the team. He can win faceoffs, but is just awful otherwise.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Which one is the bastard?

It was when the coach was Quinn and you were all blaming the lack of a system. How'd you enjoy tonight's system? Do you think Warsofsky did a good job of making the Sharks "tough to play against"?

Celebrini, Eklund, Toffoli, and Granlund definitely are. Zetterlund is borderline. Smith isn't there yet. I'm assuming he's referring to Smith.

drunksage

Sphere = underrated?
Jan 13, 2007
30-ish min from Sphere
SNOG announcement

Weastern Bias's SNOG streak has been broken... as has the entire board's.

SNOGLossFail.JPG

#
Date / Opponent
SNOG Winner(s)
Result
1Oct. 10 vs BluesnoneBlues 5-4 OT
2Oct. 12 vs DucksnoneDucks 2-0
3Oct. 15 at Starsweastern biasStars 3-2 SO
4Oct. 17 at Blackhawksweastern biasBlackhawks 4-2
5Oct. 18 at JetsnoneJets 8-3

Rank
2024-25 SNOG standings
# of SNOGs
1.weastern bias2

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
SNOG announcement

Weastern Bias's SNOG streak has been broken... as has the entire board's.

View attachment 918437

#
Date / Opponent
SNOG Winner(s)
Result
1Oct. 10 vs BluesnoneBlues 5-4 OT
2Oct. 12 vs DucksnoneDucks 2-0
3Oct. 15 at Starsweastern biasStars 3-2 SO
4Oct. 17 at Blackhawksweastern biasBlackhawks 4-2
5Oct. 18 at JetsnoneJets 8-3

Rank
2024-25 SNOG standings