GDT: Game 5: Sharks @ Jets 5:00pm NBCSCA

vortexy

Jun 13, 2024
Goose and Walman have been bright spots.
Agreed Walman continues to really impress, loved his shift during the Kunin goal he made all that happen. And once again Goose has created a lot of good scoring chances and is very involved defensively

Reactions: Sandisfan

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Goose has gotten lost a time or two (who hasn’t tonight!) but he’s had a few smart moments defensively as well. Seems to try and has a commitment to playing defense, just not clear what to do. Can’t make him smarter but can make him better than since he’s coachable. He hasn’t been dangerous offensively but he’s created a bit of space that is the precursor to dangerous chances. I hope we see more of him.

Granlund trying to do too much, but he’s a really good player. If he keeps up the production, I think then asset+3rd for 1st swap may be viable.

Walman might be a keeper

Man do we miss Celebrini and Eklund.

Reactions: vortexy

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
Goose has gotten lost a time or two (who hasn’t tonight!) but he’s had a few smart moments defensively as well. Seems to try and has a commitment to playing defense, just not clear what to do. Can’t make him smarter but can make him better than since he’s coachable. He hasn’t been dangerous offensively but he’s created a bit of space that is the precursor to dangerous chances. I hope we see more of him.

Granlund trying to do too much, but he’s a really good player. If he keeps up the production, I think then asset+3rd for 1st swap may be viable.

Walman might be a keeper

Man do we miss Celebrini and Eklund.
Goose has been okay. He might get better. Needs to learn to make space. Grannie is trying to make up for Mack and Eklund. Can’t be done. They’re both missed but the team has looked better as the game has gone on. Let’s hope for a stronger third.

Reactions: Sandisfan

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Goose has been okay. He might get better. Needs to learn to make space. Grannie is trying to make up for Mack and Eklund. Can’t be done. They’re both missed but the team has looked better as the game has gone on. Let’s hope for a stronger third.
It tells me that Gushchin is at the point where he needs to be in the NHL; he's already figured out how to do that stuff very well in the AHL, so now the team needs to see if he can figure out how to do it at this level. Not a whole lot left to learn with the 'Cuda, but that doesn't mean he's made it clear he can be a success at this level.

But I think it's clear he does deserve a shot and this team desperately needs the kind of attacking enthusiasm he provides.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad