GDT: Game 5: Golden Knights at Coyotes (#3 of 4) - 7PM - FSA+

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
Lazy GDT. Game notes per Craig:

- Kuemper starts. Raanta is day-to-day. Shocked.

- Hayton moves to center. Brassard moves to wing.

- Soderstrom could draw in in place of Capobianco.

Reactions: Jakey53

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Does Hill get the nod in net in the hopes that the defense will tighten up without the thought of an invincible Darcy back there?

Kuemper currently has a .879 save percentage and 4.23 GAA. Not the worst goalie with 3 or more starts, that distinction belongs to the Canucks' Thatcher Demko with .866/5.47

SR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
What the hell happened to Raanta? Ship the f***ing guy out. Guy has made maybe 1/4 of his paycheck on the ice and 3/4 hurt.

Reactions: 0point1 and KG

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
What the hell happened to Raanta? Ship the f***ing guy out. Guy has made maybe 1/4 of his paycheck on the ice and 3/4 hurt.
I’m sure he won’t be getting another contract from us and we do have Adin Hill. I’m guessing you’ll get your wish. They just better not wait until the deadline because he’s sure to be on the IR when the day rolls around.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
What's with him? He had a year to heal. He is worth absolutely nothing in a trade.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Get some points against our Nemesis team.
Do the Coyotes really have a nemesis? In the decade I have been around these parts the team seems to impede itself more than any opponent on the ice. Biggest villains may have been the Winnipeg internet trolls around '10-'11.

Prospects for this game are dim but Vegas will lose at some point. Why not tonight?

SR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
I’m sure he won’t be getting another contract from us and we do have Adin Hill. I’m guessing you’ll get your wish. They just better not wait until the deadline because he’s sure to be on the IR when the day rolls around.

We need to take advantage of Edmonton with their goalie shortage.

What's with him? He had a year to heal. He is worth absolutely nothing in a trade.

No kidding man. He’s good for 5 games a year. He’s a good goalie but I’ve lost patience with him. Wonder how many man games lost he’s accumulated.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I think the Oilers would love to add a goalie who can play, Raanta does not fit that description!!!! He might die behind their team D.

Reactions: SR

SR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
How desperate are they? If we add Capobianco to Raanta can we get Caleb Jones?
I don’t know enough about Jones to answer that honestly. Wonder if they’d flip their second for him though?

Has Bouchard played at all for Edmonton this year? Do they like him?

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Weeeeellll... I hope it's a better game than the last one.

Hoping Kuemper can tighten it up in the net, too. Just needs to do what he did to refocus himself after his initial poor start when he came to management and said he needed to be better.

Also hoping the Defense gets their crap together in general. Especially the gruesome twosome of Demers and Goligoski.

Really just want the team to play closer to their abilities. There is a lot of hoping involved haha.

Ps, idk whether it's more funny or sad at this point that Raanta can't stay remotely healthy. It's absurd. Can the Coyotes just retroactively demand that his whole contract be paid by the insurance because the dude has been injured like the whole freaking time (I'm using hyperbole, to be clear haha).

Reactions: Cowbell

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017

Somebody please tell the Hockey-gods this aint no fun anymore. Hasn't been in a while.

:banghead:

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
If we lose we’re all blaming @Mosby for this lazy GDT.

If we win we’re mandating all GDTs be lazy ones.
images

87turbobuick

Jan 13, 2011
Phoenix
Trading for Raanta while he’s injured is actually the ideal time ... let him rehab while in quarantine. Get two birds stoned at once.
Better hurry, grandpa is making the northern border more difficult to breach. Quarantine of indeterminate length is on its way

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Trading for Raanta while he’s injured is actually the ideal time ... let him rehab while in quarantine. Get two birds stoned at once.

Rantaa is hurt more than Hanzal...

Morgan stated the other night Raanta wasn't hurt. Hill was in as a backup because they wanted to keep him into it.

Get a feeling we're going to ride Darcy for a while.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad