GDT: Game 5: Golden Knights at Coyotes (#3 of 4) - 7PM - FSA+

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Morgan stated the other night Raanta wasn't hurt. Hill was in as a backup because they wanted to keep him into it.

Get a feeling we're going to ride Darcy for a while.

I was actually suspecting they discussed a trade when that happened. My speculation was as bad as always, apparently.

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017
Interesting thing is that Hanzal had a bad back. Most guys that are chronically injured have a specific chronic injury. For Savard it was concussion symptoms. For Svatos is was a bum shoulder. Raanta is so unique because it's just every single kind of minor injury imaginable.

He is cursed. That's one bad specific chronic injury.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
If Soderstrom impresses and Capo shows continued improvement I wonder what we will do with our dmen when Bush is ready to play and OEL is back. Last year I would think that Soderstrom and Capo would be riding the bench but with the push to give the young guys a shot I wonder if we would move Goose and Demers ASAP. Even just one of them would be nice.

I really hope Soderstrom does well and we can roll with this in a few weeks. With how poorly Goose and Demers have been I don't know if there's really a downgrade from them to Bush...
OEL/Bush
Chychrun/Soderstrom
Toaster/Hammer
Capo

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Defensemen take longer to develop then forwards, even if Capo and Soder have high ceilings it will take time for them to be competent in their own zone. OEL played bottom pairing at first.

Reactions: Name Nameless

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
All these lineup changes reek of a bit of desperation tbh. Tocchet lets changes fly a bit normally but we went from no chance Soderstrom plays soon to hey here he's debuting now.

Maybe we should be desperate but I'd actually feel better in a way if he seemed confident about his prior arrangements and actually let them play out a bit BEFORE shaking the magic 8 ball. At least this way it might seem like he knows what he's doing.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017
All these lineup changes reek of a bit of desperation tbh. Tocchet lets changes fly a bit normally but we went from no chance Soderstrom plays soon to hey here he's debuting now.

Maybe we should be desperate but I'd actually feel better in a way if he seemed confident about his prior arrangements and actually let them play out a bit BEFORE shaking the magic 8 ball. At least this way it might seem like he knows what he's doing.

I think the plays warranted him to "do something".

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun

Maybe the OEL injury and Lyubushkin still not here has forced him to play Soderstrom.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Morgan stated the other night Raanta wasn't hurt. Hill was in as a backup because they wanted to keep him into it.

Get a feeling we're going to ride Darcy for a while.

Since we get to carry three goalies this season, it makes sense to have Hill on the bench and the starter getting the night off in the press box. That way, if the Kuemper or Raanta have to be mercy pulled (or worse yet, get injured), Hill can come in and do mop up duty. When/if the AHL season starts, we can send Hill to Tucson to get significant playing time and bring up Prosvetov if we want.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
If they are finally putting Hayton at center, where he should have been along, maybe it is so Columbus can have a look.

Raanta is a freaking China doll. I've given up on him ever being healthy. The next time he has a good game he should go on the shelf until they trade him. That's if he doesn't get hurt during that good game.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
I'm not happy we didn't move Raanta yet, we known he is Mr. Glass for a reallllly long time yet we keep him around anyways.

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
If you can get a third rounder for Raanta, take it. Hill can back up then just keep an eye on waivers for a new third stringer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad