GDT: Game 5: Anaheim Ducks vs Los Angeles Kings, 5pm PT

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Dude this scares the ever living shit out of me too. Just look at what these morons have done to Zegras
They didn't do anything to him. Only told him to concentrate on defense too

I think what's going on is the veterans don't respect Corning and the rookies see that shit and mimic it.

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
They didn't do anything to him. Only told him to concentrate on defense too

I think what's going on is the veterans don't respect Corning and the rookies see that shit and mimic it.

They held him to a weird double standard and messed him up creatively. It's a microcosm of what wrong with the team: they're clueless.

FlyingV09

Jun 15, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Cronin is right though. You have to work. You have to win battles.

And the passing…..the passing was just awful. If you can’t make clean tape to tape passes you get what we saw tonight: no offense and tons of turnovers.

Reactions: Boo Boo

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Cronin is right though. You have to work. You have to win battles.

And the passing…..the passing was just awful. If you can’t make clean tape to tape passes you get what we saw tonight: no offense and tons of turnovers.
Any idiot could've concluded that the team wasn't skating fast enough to even be competitive in tonight's game.

It's part of his job to get the team ready to win battles and skate hard.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Any idiot could've concluded that the team wasn't skating fast enough to even be competitive in tonight's game.

Well when that team has no respect for what the coach is trying to teach. You get this clusterf***. That's what's going on. The players are not buying into his methods. And PV is to proud of himself to admit as f***ing mistake was made hiring Cronin

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
I mean as much as I’m skeptical of cronins system- I agree with what he’s saying more than I disagree.

Shitty system or not you shouldn’t have to negotiate effort out of your team within the first 10 games. They’re supposed to be professionals and they’re all paid enough to play with tempo.

Reactions: Static

TheStuntman

Oct 27, 2015
If this has been discussed previously please forgive me. What I'm noticing from the d-zone breakouts is that most of the time, there is a forward literally standing at the o-zone blueline waiting for a dump in or a pass. I don't know if this is be design or not, but most of the time he doesn't get a pass and has no speed to enter the zone. I haven't seen other teams employ this type of scheme/breakout.

shach1

Aug 12, 2023
Neither. The other way. I am technically a part of Halifax Regional Municipality but outside and more rural. Towards Peggy’s Cove.
I went to the Peggy's cove lighthouse and crash site. Have you been to Mckelvie's on water street? It's fantastic.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
If this has been discussed previously please forgive me. What I'm noticing from the d-zone breakouts is that most of the time, there is a forward literally standing at the o-zone blueline waiting for a dump in or a pass. I don't know if this is be design or not, but most of the time he doesn't get a pass and has no speed to enter the zone. I haven't seen other teams employ this type of scheme/breakout.

It's basically a microcosm of the root cause, guys not skating. We play passive AF in the d-zone. We dump and don't put the work in to retrieve it. Once in a blue moon a guy makes a nice play and has no support. We take penalties because we're always chasing the play.

Cronin isn't wrong about that being the biggest issue, but if he can't get his team to skate hard on a nightly basis he needs to get the boot.

FlyingV09

Jun 15, 2009
Alberta, Canada

It’s the coaches job to make them work hard?

A coach can set expectations but at the end of the day it’s up to the players to put the effort in. Cronin can’t play the game for them.

I may be in the minority here but I really don’t think the issues tonight were a coaching thing. You can’t give a 80% effort level and expect to win in this league.

Reactions: Static

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
The more I think about this one and consider it in the context of the Avs game, the less I think it’s Cronin’s fault. The effort and sense of urgency just wasn’t there. Good system, bad system, good coach, bad coach - none of it matters if the effort and execution isn’t there.

Doesn’t mean I believe in Cro long-term, but not going to blame this on him as much as the team.

Reactions: Boo Boo

TheStuntman

Oct 27, 2015
It's basically a microcosm of the root cause, guys not skating. We play passive AF in the d-zone. We dump and don't put the work in to retrieve it. Once in a blue moon a guy makes a nice play and has no support. We take penalties because we're always chasing the play.

Cronin isn't wrong about that being the biggest issue, but if he can't get his team to skate hard on a nightly basis he needs to get the boot.
Yea I don't know if it's by design for that skater to be up by the blue line waiting for the puck, but it just looks rigid.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Bro seems so lost. Instead of developing our young guys, I hope he doesn’t ruin them.
ruining Zegras atm...

Lol if anyone cares to listen to this guy. "How do I get these guys to skate hard?" "maybe the other lines should watch how hard the Terry line skates and we'll do better"

No. Idea. What. He's. Doing.

this dude is lucky he's not coaching in a larger market. any other coach talking like this would be the literal hot seat. you're the coach, figure it out or f***ing get out of Anaheim because atm all you're doing is ruining the future.

Oct 18, 2011
Cronin has to go if we are going to be getting way outshot like this. The kings and avs are better but not 75 to 35 SOG better. This is embarrassing

ruining Zegras atm...

this dude is lucky he's not coaching in a larger market. any other coach talking like this would be the literal hot seat. you're the coach, figure it out or f***ing get out of Anaheim because atm all you're doing is ruining the future.
He wants to turn skill players into grinders

Being passive in the defensive zone can be a couple of things

That's how it's coached, or the players aren't confident in what to do and just go into prevent mode

Reactions: dracom

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
We’ve lost to the teams that are better than us and beat the teams we could realistically be better than. Hard for me to be too upset about this start of the season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad