GDT: Game 5: Anaheim Ducks vs Los Angeles Kings, 5pm PT

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Like...none of our offensive plays look deliberate. The puck just happens to go in sometimes on rushes, but that's it.
Yeah - they don’t build plays and they can’t sustain pressure. Sometimes a cross-ice pass works and once in a blue moon they get to a rebound and then it goes in. The offense is all found gold. Their effort isn’t paying off. That has to be hugely discouraging.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Rearrange seats on the titanic

Need something way more drastic than line changes
You may be right but baring an unforseen coaching change or trades, both of which seem unlikely, mashing up the lines is the most obvious thing to shake up the roster. These lines are essentially u changed from training camp and there are 0 glimpses of them "figuring it out."

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Like...none of our offensive plays look deliberate. The puck just happens to go in sometimes on rushes, but that's it.
I think the thing that eats at me the most is how often our boys just swat the puck forward when going after a 50/50 puck. There's no attempt to try to reel the puck in and find an open man. The default is just to throw it somewhere and hope a second or third man can win a subsequent battle for it. That to me is as indicative of shitty coaching as you're going to get. Shit turnovers happen on well coached teams. This complete lack of any sense of what do with the puck in the face of defensive pressure is indicative of a coach that can't get his boys to skate hard and know what do in multiple situations because he has not prepared them for multiple scenarios they might face in such circumstances.

You can just watch LA, a team that is struggling right now, and see how they approach puck receptions. They're not throwing the puck away like a hot potato, they scan the ice quickly and find a man to pass it to who can advance the puck forward. Our guys aren't doing that because they have no idea what to do. That tells me they're not drilling properly, they're not going through the X's and O's properly, and they're not being prepared to physically handle games at this level. And it'd be one thing if you could point to inexperienced kids on our team but the veterans struggle just as much.

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
I’m actually confused on what Cronin coulda said to PV in the first place to even get the job
i said it in the coaching thread but it wasn’t like Pat made a unilateral decision.

Neids and Kariya were both involved with the decision and I’m sure there were many others in the process.

I think his mental game approach is honestly a positive for our management group. But talking about it and executing it are two different things

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
i said it in the coaching thread but it wasn’t like Pat made a unilateral decision.

Neids and Kariya were both involved with the decision and I’m sure there were many others in the process.

I think his mental game approach is honestly a positive for our management group. But talking about it and executing it are two different things
I don’t care how many people Cronin talked to, it was 100% Pat’s decision and he can’t blame it on anybody else.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'm gonna play them hahhhd, I'm gonna get em to skate wickehd fast, I'm gonna get em to be accountable for themselves, I'm gonna get em to play wickehd good defense. Its gonna be great bud.
This came to my mind
B1426EBA-E426-4F37-8025-48CC2117EE65.jpeg

Little did we know it was us fans PV and Cronin we’re going to hurt

Reactions: HanSolo

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
I’m actually confused on what Cronin coulda said to PV in the first place to even get the job
Probably went like this:

Cronin: “Hey Pat, I like your glasses… I have a similar pair”

Verbeek thoughts: I think I can work with this… cheap and super desperate, and will follow my directions and take all of the blame like yes-man Eakins.
“You good with being significantly the lowest paid NHL, like 1/10th of the average?”

Cronin: “yes, it’s my dream…. Besides I’m divorced and balding… ”

Verbeek: “that sounds like commitment… your hired”

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
And the big thing that really f***ing eats at me about the coach being this bad is he was brought on to develop our youth: teach them how to excel, teach them how dominate, teach them good habits. All they're learning and seeing from the vets in games like this is sheer ineptitude. And the clock keeps ticking and they keep getting closer to their primes.

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
And the big thing that really f***ing eats at me about the coach being this bad is he was brought on to develop our youth: teach them how to excel, teach them how dominate, teach them good habits. All they're learning and seeing from the vets in games like this is sheer ineptitude. And the clock keeps ticking and they keep getting closer to their primes.

Dude this scares the ever living shit out of me too. Just look at what these morons have done to Zegras.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad