GDT: Game 5/82 Isles @ Blues 7PM CST BSMW

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Hope the Blues identity isn’t living and dying by the goalie standing on his head. I’ll give them benefit of the doubt since it’s early but it’s really not a winning strategy.

Have to tip your hat to Armstrong for rebuilding the entire left side D in one offseason. Not easy. Broberg is a STUD. Double offer sheet will go down as one of DA’s savviest moves.
I don't think that's a fair summary of last night's game. Hofer was excellent and the Isles did a slightly better job generating grade A chances than the Blues. But Sorokin also played very well and bailed out the Isles a number of times. It was a well deserved 1st star for Hofer and we don't win that game without him bringing his very best effort. But you need that type of effort from your goalie when you are playing against a top 5 goalie in the league who is also bringing his A game.

That wasn't a game where we should have lost 4-0. We only trailed the Isles by 1 in each of shot attempts, shots, and scoring chances at 5 on 5. Again, I'd give the edge to the Isles, but I thought we did a lot of things well last night beyond watching our goalie stand on his head.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
also helps that he's taller and has more range. this is another reason why i prefer PO over Perunovich on the 3rd pair. you have to be really good like Fox or Q. Hughes to make it as a vertically impaired defenseman, and that's simply not Perunovich or Krug, at this stage of his career.
I thought Joseph and Kessel played really well together. Even had a couple shifts where they both provided a little offensive spark.

I'm interested to see how these 6 perform against Carolina this weekend.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
How has Broberg been

Brace yourself if you are an Oilers fan. He been fantastic. Small sample size but we could literally not ask for better.

A point in every game, 5gp, 1G,4A, 5P. He's been on the ice for 0 goals against, which includes some limited PK time. He passes the eye test. He's made some great D plays and is one if our better D in transitioning the puck so far.

He's been worth what most thought was an overpay and then some (in a small sample size).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad