GDT: Game 49: Columbus at Boston | 1/23 7PM EST | Torts-less edition

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Strong road game, shootout could have went either way. Impressive comeback after giving up a couple quicks goals in the 2nd.

The reality might be this: Dalton Prout may have to be a part of this team going forward, this season and next, and games like this might be what he needs to rebuild his confidence and his ability to play 3rd pairing minutes at the level required.

Korpisalo is solid in net, could be looking at the eventually successor to Bob down the road.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Strong road game, shootout could have went either way. Impressive comeback after giving up a couple quicks goals in the 2nd.

The reality might be this: Dalton Prout may have to be a part of this team going forward, this season and next, and games like this might be what he needs to rebuild his confidence and his ability to play 3rd pairing minutes at the level required.

Korpisalo is solid in net, could be looking at the eventually successor to Bob down the road.

I hate to resort to cliches, but:

Even a blind hog finds an ear of corn every now and then.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I agree with those saying Dubinsky isn't playing well. He's a bottom 6er getting paid like a top 6er when he's ideal on your third line with special teams minutes. I like him, but he's over his head.

About Prout...lol

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Jones had an absolute great game. But that one play killed his entire night. All he had to do was get a shot on net anywhere but his glove, but he passed it. He had a empty lane to the net...

Agreed. That was troubling/hard to watch.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Agreed. That was troubling/hard to watch.

But that was a great play until the very end. Starting from our blue line, using his speed and size to beat a B's player to the puck behind our net, then flying up the right side to a wide-open lane and a 3 on 1.

He made a poor decision passing it into the center instead of shooting it, but that play start-to-almost-finish is encouraging, not discouraging

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
But that was a great play until the very end. Starting from our blue line, using his speed and size to beat a B's player to the puck behind our net, then flying up the right side to a wide-open lane and a 3 on 1.

He made a poor decision passing it into the center instead of shooting it, but that play start-to-almost-finish is encouraging, not discouraging

Sure, that's an uber-positive way of looking at it :clap:

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Sure, that's an uber-positive way of looking at it :clap:

Can't tell if you're being snarky or not. But I think in the future he'll think twice about passing in that situation, and his talents will likely allow him to find himself in a similar situation.

I was loving that play until the pass, just a bad decision is all.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Can't tell if you're being snarky or not. But I think in the future he'll think twice about passing in that situation, and his talents will likely allow him to find himself in a similar situation.

I was loving that play until the pass, just a bad decision is all.

I liked the play until the pass as well. We're on the same side, enjoy your Sunday!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad