GDT: Game 49: Columbus at Boston | 1/23 7PM EST | Torts-less edition

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Well, Korpisalo definitely isn't the same as Bob in shootouts.. Oh well.. Still liked how he played overall. Loss isn't on him.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
we lost that game when we couldn't score on a freaking 3-1

great initial play by Jones but terrible shot there

might as well been a solo break away

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
GG CBJ just couldnt finish it tonight. only 23 more games to go so losing this one doesnt hurt to bad. keeps us in the lose for mathews race. Honestly I cant be negative about this team I just see to much to like. The D is constantly improving minus dumb and dumber who actually kept us in this game... our young guys continue to grow... guys that have been here seem to be finding new aspects of there game like cam... The coach is the best we have ever had in our brief 15 year history. I get we had EXTREAMLY high hopes for this season and its gone as far opposite as possible but our front office saw that, realized what we needed, fixed it, and now we are well on our way. the way I see it is the past 2 years and this year are like the star wars prequals... SO much potential and everyone wanted it to succeed but it greatly fell short. and now with the FO going back to the orginal plan... build net out... we are going to have our actual star wars next year and maybe not get screwed and get our luke skywalker in Mathews and then we have it... CBJ 2016-17 season... a new hope

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I don't think they "deserved" to lose. The Jackets played a solid road game and darn near got the third a couple of times. Much better effort than Thursday against Calgary.

Not saying they played bad, they played well. But if you don't score on a 4 on 3 in overtime, and a 3 on 1 rush, you don't deserve to win.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Not sure what's the issue with the Jackets, I ran out of solutions years ago... To be honest the most logical excuse after 16 years is building the Arena on sacred ground??

Next to the Cleveland Browns and Buffalo Bills the CBJ are the worst in winning games in pro sport?? Somethings not right, it's not fair to the fans... Just my 2 sense..

Last edited:

KlichkoBro*

Dubinsky was Prout-bad tonight. With 20 seconds on the PP he just shoots wide and the puck ends up in the Jackets zone. That penalty shot. His play on the 1st Boston goal. Multiple give-aways...

Dednimnepo

Winning is the Fun
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus
Prout had a decent game, even if you don't count the goal. He'd be a serviceable 6th or 7th defenseman if he didn't have the regular mental mistakes. Maybe that's why the coaches seem to like him.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Prout had a decent game, even if you don't count the goal. He'd be a serviceable 6th or 7th defenseman if he didn't have the regular mental mistakes. Maybe that's why the coaches seem to like him.

I agree with the 7th.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Dubinsky was Prout-bad tonight. With 20 seconds on the PP he just shoots wide and the puck ends up in the Jackets zone. That penalty shot. His play on the 1st Boston goal. Multiple give-aways...

Noticed this as well. He also tried to force some bad passes on the power plays tonight - maybe trying too hard to make something happen.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Home on home vs the Habs coming up and the Habs are not playing well....

I hope Korp plays and Prout doesn't... Mgt needs to do something, nothing is improving on this team.. In the past when we were out of the playoffs we would win, now that is even missing...

Bring up the entire minor league, just do something John!!! Building the right way has not even dug the hole for the foundation yet!!!

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Home on home vs the Habs coming up and the Habs are not playing well....

I hope Korp plays and Prout doesn't... Mgt needs to do something, nothing is improving on this team.. In the past when we were out of the playoffs we would win, now that is even missing...

Bring up the entire minor league, just do something John!!! Building the right way has not even dug the hole for the foundation yet!!!
Yeah let's call up minor leaguers like Tynan and Bjorkstrand and watch them get crushed into oblivion :laugh:

Rychel, Anderson, and Korpi were worthy of NHL call ups. Hard to argue anyone else in Lake Erie is worthy of one. MAYBE Paliotta but that's only because we've lost Connauton/Bods and Prout/Falk are AHL quality.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I don't see how anyone could watch that game and not see a potential #1C in Wennberg. Absolutely stellar game. That was the definition of impacting a game and not getting on the scoreboard.

Also Murray with 26 minutes and Jones with 27. Far and away the most minutes on the team.

Dubinsky with 23 and Cam with 20.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Not saying they played bad, they played well. But if you don't score on a 4 on 3 in overtime, and a 3 on 1 rush, you don't deserve to win.

Jones had an absolute great game. But that one play killed his entire night. All he had to do was get a shot on net anywhere but his glove, but he passed it. He had a empty lane to the net...

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here
Next to the Cleveland Browns and Buffalo Bills the CBJ are the worst in winning games in pro sport??

Considering neither the Browns nor the Jackets have made it anywhere near the Super Bowl or the Stanley Cup finals, I don't know how you can put them in the same conversation with a team that did it 4 times in a freaking row. I never liked them at the time because I was in grade/high school, was an immature little brat, and bought into the choke jokes.

But looking back as an adult, they were a freaking dynasty. Their fans got to witness a hell of a lot of wins over that 4 period timeframe. Yes they didn't get the 4 wins they wanted, but those fans got to witness a lot of dominating performances by their team though the regular season and into the playoffs.

Name the last time a Jackets or Browns fan got to witness that...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad