BRUINS GDT GAME 47 7:40 PM - Whalercane Warning - NESN, NESN 4K, TNT, MAX, 98.5 WBZ-FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
You're not suppose to criticize the reffing according to the Bruins contrarian's here

Burns got away with a dangerous crosscheck on Jake that might've made for a different ending if called, although I will agree with their theory "the Bruins need to play a full 60 minutes"
I don't know any NHL team that plays a full 60 minutes. With their way above average GT the BRUINS can play ugly and still be in the game. Tonight was a perfect example.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
You're not suppose to criticize the reffing according to the Bruins contrarian's here

Burns got away with a dangerous crosscheck on Jake that might've made for a different ending if called, although I will agree with their theory "the Bruins need to play a full 60 minutes"
i dont usually care about officisting.
but looked like canes couldve done anything on that pk and got away with it.
they were on the ropes.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Okay.... Enough with the ref talk, both sides of the argument. I think we've all heard enough of it for one night.

khanomcat

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria, BC
Watched the TNT feed. My God. Do they ever actually do play-by-play? I was just listening for much of the game when I had some other things to do. I had no idea what was going on, because the three of them spent so much time NOT talking about what was happening on the ice. Give me Jack and Brick any day.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I don't know any NHL team that plays a full 60 minutes. With their way above average GT the BRUINS can play ugly and still be in the game. Tonight was a perfect example.
You're right. No team really ever plays a full 60 minutes

I should've said they need to play more than 10 minutes

Reactions: NeelyOrr

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
they were on the ropes.
There's been a few articles and stuff on youtube that have been very critical of the reffing in the NHL.

You're right. No team really ever plays a full 60 minutes

I should've said they need to play more than 10 minutes
Sometimes one has to tip one's cap to the opposition.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
they were on the ropes.
Same but the Bruins barely came out to play in the 2nd period. If the Bruins were playing their hardest all game and those non-calls occurred, I'd be on the pitchfork wagon too.

Basically, they should have and could have beat the refs tonight too.

Reactions: BMC

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Watched the TNT feed. My God. Do they ever actually do play-by-play? I was just listening for much of the game when I had some other things to do. I had no idea what was going on, because the three of them spent so much time NOT talking about what was happening on the ice. Give me Jack and Brick any day.
I've had this same complaint with TNT in the past. In addition to the PBP guy, they have a color analyst and a rinkside reporter; both of whom attempt to justify their jobs by yapping the entire game.

It's even more apparent when it's Darren Pang.

Reactions: BMC

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
That team can skate. I found myself just appreciating that part of their game. Allows them to play a different structure than most of the league and I just kinda tip my cap.
The Bruins are a bloody good team but weren’t prepared. We’ve seen the Bs just be relentless. That’s what the Canes were. And read too many of the Bruins passes.
If they meet in the playoffs adjustments need to be made.

Reactions: BMC and NeelyOrr

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
A heartbreaker tonight, when that puck trickled through Ullmark.

Until that point, 5-on-5, I was good with the B's game. That swarming style Carolina played the first two periods caught up to them.

It's like a boxing match; don't get frustrated when there's no room to do anything; just keep grinding.

But the PK is an issue that needs to be addressed. It's been masked by victories, but in tight games against true contenders, it's a difference maker.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Once I saw that the Hurricanes' moms were on hand, I guessed we were doomed. Nobody loses with the moms/dads/siblings on hand. First regulation loss in twenty days, I won't complain, but the manner in which that got away at the end was shocking.

• Haha
Reactions: BMC and 22Brad Park

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
There's been a few articles and stuff on youtube that have been very critical of the reffing in the NHL.

Sometimes one has to tip one's cap to the opposition.
Never saw your line before I used it.
We don’t have to like it but give the devil it’s due, the Canes are a really excellent team.

Reactions: NeelyOrr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad