GDT: Game 42: Hawks @ Avs - 9PM EST (NBCSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
That was tough. I dont want to lose Matt but damnit it looks like hes ready to go. I aint no body language expert but damn he really really looks ready to move on.

Yep. And he's not happy about it either. He looks like he's about to cry or scream or something but he can't.

This everything is just really really Fed up. We are so far beyond needing help. It's not going to be a tweak or dumping a few vets for the kids. Ferarro said we are barely ahead of an expansion team and it's the damn truth.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Watching Bednar's presser. He's trying to stay positive the same way a mentally challenged person would. I'm not sure if I should be mad or feel bad for him.

I think Duchene's post game was harder to watch

Yeah, he looked agitated for most of the interview but when he said "it sucks right now we're losing so much" did he nearly cry? Hard to watch indeed.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
This team...

1099.gif

TheForsbergShow

Apr 4, 2016
Edmonton
Damn those interviews are horrible. Duchene is probably my fav player in the league and I wish he was here forever, but I think it is only a matter of time until he is gone. He just genuinely seems like a good person and cares about winning here and living his childhood dream , its hard to watch this team lose year after year I cant imagine what it is like for him.

If/when he does get traded I know I will be following his career. Will be pretty hard to see him in any other jersey.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
A microcosm of the season in one game. Stars are pulling their weight, depth throws the game away. Respect for Iginla is slowly fading away, how can you go -4 in 8 minutes of ice time, how? He doesn't just look slow, he looks disinterested.

Don Corleone

Jul 9, 2013
At least the core showed up and the game was exciting. Also the tank train keeps on rolling :yo:

Please don't play Varlamov next game, he was horrific.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Damn those interviews are horrible. Duchene is probably my fav player in the league and I wish he was here forever, but I think it is only a matter of time until he is gone. He just genuinely seems like a good person and cares about winning here and living his childhood dream , its hard to watch this team lose year after year I cant imagine what it is like for him.

If/when he does get traded I know I will be following his career. Will be pretty hard to see him in any other jersey.

It is just time for a split. All parties will be better off in the end. This is like that friends' divorce that was years in the making. You like both people, but you know they will be happier moving on.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Bednar doesn't think Varly is 100% and they may shut him down.

If there is a surgery or something out there that may potentially fix his groin (guessing that is the issue), just get it done and shut it down. He has no value right now anyway and won't even be selected by Vegas, so his health next year is very important to the team.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Bednar doesn't think Varly is 100% and they may shut him down.

Makes sense.

He has looked way worse than he did before the injury IMO.

First time that he has looked like a legit bad goalie.

Before he had his bad moments but also his 2-3 crazy saves / game that saved a goal or two.

But since the injury break he has just been bad....

Time for Picks to shine (as if anyone could shine on this team but still...)....

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
If there is a surgery or something out there that may potentially fix his groin (guessing that is the issue), just get it done and shut it down. He has no value right now anyway and won't even be selected by Vegas, so his health next year is very important to the team.

Man...not dealing him has completely blown up in the Avs' face...

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Man, those interviews were hard to watch :(

One thing I was very happy tho, Duchene scored such a vintage Dutchy goal with his speed. Felt so happy for him. :)

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland

Preach. I'm still waiting for the day you give us a lil taste what Calgary would had given for him so I can salt my wounds. :cry::laugh:

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Last night was pretty forgettable for Zadorov overall but is there video of that play on Kane? The crowd went nuts for it at the arena. Was fun to see.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I actually caught a few minutes of the second last night for the first time in a while. Was surprised because it looked like we were the better team on the ice.

Checked the score when I got home and saw the 4-6 final and wasn't the least bit surprised.

For those of you still watching this every night... I applaud your dedication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad