GDT: Game 42: Hawks @ Avs - 9PM EST (NBCSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Good job, good effort.

Watching MacKinnon and Landeskog try to get the puck out was comical.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
LOL at that last minute, looked similar to when I used to play in rentals and all the good players used to all gang up on the non good players.

Quicksilver*

Sep 19, 2015
Varlamov looked so bad tonight and I'm not even talking about the goals. What a mess.

Agree with that. He definitely is either nursing some sort of injury or hes just going through the motions. Just watching him move in the net, he looked slow as molasses.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
There aren't words anymore. This team needs serious help.

We need EJ back in the worst way.

The Avs right now are fielding one legit top4 D with Barrie and one young guy that may be a top4 guy in Zads but who is still very raw and makes plenty of mistakes.

Aside from that we are fielding one or two bottom pairing guys / game playing in the top4 and 2 or 3 guys that should be in the AHL..

You can't win with that blueline.

We can't pass to start a legit breakout, we can't defend, we can't keep in the puck we can't do anything.

I mean our big guns really showed up tonight and our D together with our 3rd and 4th line easily lost us that game...

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
What a game to highlight how bad our bottom six is, and our depth defense lol. Not to mention our goaltending..

Not for lack of entertainment when it comes to barn burners though.

DanishAvsfan

Aug 27, 2007
IMO they really should consider calling up Bigras, Compher, Grimaldi and Greer. Playing the llikes of Grikorenko, Mitchell and Gelinas all but guarantees a loss.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Agree with that. He definitely is either nursing some sort of injury or hes just going through the motions. Just watching him move in the net, he looked slow as molasses.

Its called who cares mode. Varly has been in who cares mode for some time. Heck go to last season even when Roy called him out. How many games this season has he let in fewer than 3 goals against in a game?

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Its called who cares mode. Varly has been in who cares mode for some time. Heck go to last season even when Roy called him out. How many games this season has he let in fewer than 3 goals against in a game?

It's called a tight groin from all those injuries... Varly's movement looks more like Pekka Renne than Varlamov these days.

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
OOO WE NEED TO TIE IT UP, MINUTE LEFT...

...better throw out beachemin and Iginla.

I didn't get to see the game because I'm on the road for work, but this made me LOL. Let's face it, comical in any instance (and my hotel doesn't have NBCSN, poor form)

I was checking gamecenter throughout - it's almost like the guys try to find a way to lose. Obviously not really, but it's unfortunate how they are unable to close out games.

Serious talk - Avs should trade down with the draft pick to go from a top-3 to a first rounder this year and next. I don't like any of the top 3 prospects more than the next 10-15, and of course there will be slippage. :help:

Another note - I know Grigs has been nigh invisible, but I would like to see his ice time increased. Is there a downside to that? No, because it's difficult to score less goals than we have. But he may break out if he just has higher minutes. The guy is a confidence and feel player. He needs more opportunities on the ice. The rest of the scrubs - cut 'em

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
Someone should create a GIF with a tank rolling across the ocean floor, Avs flag flying, and Bednar demanding to lower depth. Might provide some comic relief.

EDIT: I will make it my avatar if someone creates it, but I'm too lazy. Like Iginla.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad