Low Effort GDT Game 4 | Why has God forsaken us! - Sens vs Devils - 7PM EST on TSN

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Thought the team was fine. Same with Forsberg and that's about what I expect from him. On to the next one, but not time to panic. I see positive signs and really, we can't gauge this team without Ullmark healthy. Without him, it will of course be rough and I expect that.

Reactions: Cosmix and BigRig4

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I like what I am seeing. Team needs to just keep at .500 through 20 games and starting playing rather than thinking

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
They need to find someone for Stutzle to play with. Put Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson back together, that line works for a lot of reasons. Pinto-Amadio is a good duo, maybe give them Greig when he's healthy again. Stutzle-Giroux and maybe a grinder? Perron playing around the same TOI as Gregor and Cousins but paid way more than that so it's kind of tough to slot him when he's not producing offense. Maybe you gotta move him up with Stutzle-Giroux and see if he can handle some 5on5 minutes with those guys? Otherwise I see Perron going to the 4th line with Cousins and Mac.

Reactions: DrEasy

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
They need to find someone for Stutzle to play with. Put Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson back together, that line works for a lot of reasons. Pinto-Amadio is a good duo, maybe give them Greig when he's healthy again. Stutzle-Giroux and maybe a grinder? Perron playing around the same TOI as Gregor and Cousins but paid way more than that so it's kind of tough to slot him when he's not producing offense. Maybe you gotta move him up with Stutzle-Giroux and see if he can handle some 5on5 minutes with those guys? Otherwise I see Perron going to the 4th line with Cousins and Mac.

I wanna see Greig and Stutzle together.

Have we ever seen that?

I agree with Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson together.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I like what I am seeing. Team needs to just keep at .500 through 20 games and starting playing rather than thinking
That's a minimal objective. A .500 record would mean 20 points in 20 games. A playoff pace (96 points after 82 games) requires the team to have 23.4 points after 20 games. After the 20 games though, this team better start performing at a better than playoff level pace to get back into the race.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
That's a minimal objective. A .500 record would mean 20 points in 20 games. A playoff pace (96 points after 82 games) requires the team to have 23.4 points after 20 games. After the 20 games though, this team better start performing at a better than playoff level pace to get back into the race.
I think the point is they are in it and they've had time to assimilate the systems and structure the coaches are looking for.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I’d flip Giroux and Batherson, G doesn’t look like belongs on top line yet this year.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I think the point is they are in it and they've had time to assimilate the systems and structure the coaches are looking for.
They need to work at it some more:

GP. GF. GA.
4. 13. 15

Yes, the goaltending has been very poor again. Hopefully Ullmark is healthy and ready to play.

GF% 51.8%
HDF%. 47.3%
SCF%. 50.6%

Worst +/- in 4 games:
Norris -3
Pinto -4
Chabot -5
Perron -3

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Stutzle is doing excellent at this time; I would leave him on the line he is currently on. His other line-mates will have to pick ups their game. Tkachuk has 6 assists but 0 goals.

Perron and Amadio need to provide more offensively than they are now: 0 points after 4 games.

We also need more offence from Pinto and Giroux.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Stutzle is doing excellent at this time; I would leave him on the line he is currently on. His other line-mates will have to pick ups their game. Tkachuk has 6 assists but 0 goals.

Perron and Amadio need to provide more offensively than they are now: 0 points after 4 games.

We also need more offence from Pinto and Giroux.
Brady has 1 goal 5 assists, they changed the one last night from G to Brady
I agree leave line alone or flip Batherson and Giroux,

Last edited:

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Not quite a wash, we were supposed to beat the Habs....

The idea of games you need to win though, hockey isn't really like that, any team can beat any team on a given night, that's just the fun of hockey. You can get outplayed severely and still come away with the win or vice versa.

Good teams will lose games they "should" win.

Relying on bounces to me is getting outplayed and hoping for the double deflection own goal to sneak one past the goalie, not creating chances and expecting that some of them go post in rather than post out. I don't think we were relying on bounces to try and win that game, we were creating a lot of chances, eventually those go in.

If we play the rest of the season the way we played NJD last night, we should win a lot more games than we lose. I didn't like the way we played once NJ started to play a prevent game, we need to find a way to break through their defense without giving up as much as we did, but outside of that, it was a very well played game imo.

The trick is to play the way we did last night consistently, we didn't do that against the Habs, and we only managed to do it for one period against Florida. The game against LA was a bit loose at times, I think they cleaned that up against NJD.
We do not seem to have the offensive talent to break through teams that can play a solid defensive game when they are ahead in the score. We also don't appear to have the defensive talent to play a solid defensive game similar to NJ's. Hopefully Green will turn the team around; but he has only been the coach since the summer and needs more time to get the players playing his way which presumably is a stronger defensive game. Plus Ullmark has been injured and the other Gs just are not good enough.

Brady has 1 goal 5, they changed the one last night from G to Brady
I agree leave line alone or flip Batherson and Giroux,
The stat sheet I looked at must not have been updated.

I might consider flipping Giroux and Amadio. Timmy needs someone that can keep up!
Peterka would have been nice. Alas.

Reactions: Blotto71

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
We do not seem to have the offensive talent to break through teams that can play a solid defensive game when they are ahead in the score. We also don't appear to have the defensive talent to play a solid defensive game similar to NJ's. Hopefully Green will turn the team around; but he has only been the coach since the summer and needs more time to get the players playing his way which presumably is a stronger defensive game. Plus Ullmark has been injured and the other Gs just are not good enough.

The stat sheet I looked at must not have been updated.

Peterka would have been nice. Alas.
What about Xavier bourgault

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad