Low Effort GDT Game 4 | Why has God forsaken us! - Sens vs Devils - 7PM EST on TSN

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
our standards have become so low.

i mean makes sense cuz the high standard for this team is to basically be in the playoff race in game 20 lol.
Our standards are so low because we beat the reigning cup champs in a 50/50 game instead of dominating the whole game?

play of the team more concerning than the record.

but please post your pie charts lol.
I'll continue to post my charts, you can continue to have your emotional rants.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
0-4 or 1-3 would be bad starts. 2-2 is par for the course for a team aiming for a wildcard. Not great but fine. We’ll be in the mix with the Islanders, Pens and Capitals. We won’t be in the mix with the Panthers, Leafs or Rangers. As expected.

We won't be in any mix for long with this mediocre play, and I haven't seen them play a full good game yet at both ends of the ice. There's also very little depth should we run into injuries.

But hey, keep the blind faith.

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
Why are you telling people on a message board that "we shouldn't use it as an excuse" as if we have any agency in how the players play?

I'm making an observation that we played well but didn't get the bounces. That's an observation, not an excuse. An excuse implies that I have any agency in this, which I do not.
And I'm saying that reading "observation" posts such as that are tiring and lame because they're so overdone the past seven years. You can try to obsfucate what I'm saying all you want but I'm sticking to it lol
Sure we played good tonight, but ugh it's getting old.

You get your opinion and I get mine lil guy, that's how this antiquated form of social media called message boards works.

The only thing more annoying than a fan that's constantly negative is a fan that constantly looks down on you for not having the orgs weiner on their face all the time like they do. Go look in a mirror.

DackellDuck

Sep 20, 2024
We won't be in any mix for long with this mediocre play, and I haven't seen them play a full good game yet at both ends of the ice. There's also very little depth should we run into injuries.

But hey, keep the blind faith.

Do you watch teams like the Islanders and Pens (or say, the Kings in the West)?

We play just like them. Some good, some bad. Hope for one extra bounce or one extra save.

That’s what wildcard teams are.

Reactions: Bjornar Moxnes

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Our standards, or should I say expectations, are 94-96 points. And that’s the type of team we’ve played like so far.

There’s no reason to think we won’t be in the wildcard mix based on our play so far.

But if you were expecting that much better? That’s really on you.
.500 team with -2 differential RARELY make the PO

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Our standards are so low because we beat the reigning cup champs in a 50/50 game instead of dominating the whole game?

our standard are so low that we consider a game that we got dominated a good game and " keeping them to the outside".

some people think today was a good game too.

because zack macewen was our most dangerous forward? yea great game.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
If you think I'm talking about the first four games from the last 5 seasons and not the first twenty-ish, then I don't know what to tell you.
Yeah but you’re applying last years anger after the first 15 to this year after the first 4 when we are .500. Two different years. Let’s see what happens. We are playing better defensively than last years start. And. Ullmark is better than korpisalo

Reactions: swiftwin

ThreeMs

Oct 21, 2013
Ottawa
Our standards, or should I say expectations, are 94-96 points. And that’s the type of team we’ve played like so far.

There’s no reason to think we won’t be in the wildcard mix based on our play so far.

But if you were expecting that much better? That’s really on you.
I can't see this team, based on their play so far, going on any kind of winning streak in the near future. Can't say the same about a losing streak.

SlyDawg

Feb 12, 2015
Carleton Place, ON
Lordy, what to say about that one.

Honestly, it felt like they played 20 minutes of good hockey and after the first goal, they basically deflated and stopped playing. It was so alarming to see the team just ...stop.

Sanderson was, by far, one of the best players on the ice.

Part of it was a tad of puck luck having hit four posts, but you still need to bury those chances, no matter what.

Four games in and it's been a rollercoaster of a season to start. Ullmark getting hurt after signing his contract and losing Zub too, add Grieg to that so the lines are all over the place...not a great start for the Sens at all.

not sure what else to say about this one. This is one where I think Green has a 'lot' of material he can show the players and say "Start caring."

Reactions: DrEasy and senswon

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
To be fair you can't expect a player to go 100 all the time and Brady usually for the most part is a bull in a China shop. He's got 4 hits tonight.

Where is Perron or Cousins? Weren't they brought in to be shit disturbers?

It's not about going 100 all the time or not...it's just about going to the net.

On quite a few occasions I've seen Timmy looking like he would be in a prime position to shoot if there was a senator player screening the goalie...only there isn't. What there is, however, is Brady in the slot looking like prime heatley with 3 guys on him. Do the simple thing and just drive the net.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Yeah but you’re applying last years anger after the first 15 to this year after the first 4 when we are .500. Two different years. Let’s see what happens. We are playing better defensively than last years start. And. Ullmark is better than korpisalo

I'm talking about the first 15-20 games for the last several seasons. And no, the team is not that different. Same main core but with a better goaltender.

And better defense? We let the Kings score 7 on us lol.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Ok I completely missed the giroux 2 on 1 post lol.

That was the New Jersey gameplan ? They gave up a 2 on 1 just like we did

But it didn’t go in. So that somehow changes how a team played

Reactions: Bjornar Moxnes

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
They’ve also had stretches of being dominated. Like against the Leafs.

penguins aren't a good team. they are mediocre and its sad they are our comparable when their core is late 30's and 10 plus years past their prime, while our players are in their primes.

Rakell is their young dynamic scorer, he's 31.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I'm talking about the first 15-20 games for the last several seasons. And no, the team is not that different. Same main core but with a better goaltender.

And better defense? We let the Kings score 7 on us lol.
who’s making argument in bad faith now? You saw that Monday game. In no universe should kings have scored 7. If they could have pulled their goalie AGAIN they would have. We gave the kings nothing. All their shots went in.

How little shots do you think we should be holding the opposition to exactly?

DackellDuck

Sep 20, 2024
penguins aren't a good team. they are mediocre and its sad they are our comparable when their core is late 30's and 10 plus years past their prime, while our players are in their primes.

Rakell is their young dynamic scorer, he's 31.

They are a wildcard contender. As are we. Wildcard teams are mediocre. The definition of average. 14-16th place in a 32 team league.

But based on this, as I expected, it’s your own expectations for this roster that are out of whack.

So my advice would be tune out, because otherwise you’ll spend the next 5 months yelling on the internet when we.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad