Low Effort GDT Game 4 | Why has God forsaken us! - Sens vs Devils - 7PM EST on TSN

StutzlingAway

Feb 28, 2017
I think it's disturbing that we can't win tight checking games... We have to win 5-3 everytime with 2 on the PP or we're toast. That first game was so rare it had everyone all over Ullmark rightfully so

DackellDuck

Sep 20, 2024
This team has no identity AND I can't figure out what identity they're trying to build.

Responsible and opportunistic.

That’s what we’re trying to be this year.

From that sense, it hasn’t been a terrible start. Game 1 is what they want to be. Score a couple goals early, keep the other team to the outside, and when they do get close, have the 8 million dollar goalie bail you out.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
We also seem to have a (Better) lunch-pail coach... We just watched a team play a 6v4 powerplay for 2 full minutes and somehow they couldn't find a shooting lane, and like 50% of the passes were interrupted... HOW THE ACTUAL F!?
Huh? Didn't we score on that 6 on 4? What kind of deranged rant is this?

Oct 10, 2010
Too early for the panic button if we lose Saturday?

We “play good” but just don’f win when we need to.
When you haven’t sniffed the playoffs for 7 years every loss is panic time lol

We gotta stop the bleeding and make sure our L’s don’t turn into bad streaks like Ullmark said.

We’ll see if it’s different this season.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
That’s why we got him and paid him 8 million.

If we were good enough to beat the Panthers (a top 3 team In the league) without great goaltending, we wouldn’t have had to trade for him.

you can't expect ullmark to repeat a performance like that though. and even if he does there is still a good chance we lose.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
If you think the kings game was just luck. Then I dono. We clearly were the better team. By far the better team.

Just like we were tonight for stretches.
I don't think it's a coincidence that one game they score 8 and the next they almost get shut out. I don't think the team is shooting from consistent areas of the ice. When you watch Florida play, they do the same thing to every team. They win battles on the boards and work the puck into the slot where they shoot with traffic in front. Simple, reliable, and consistent.

Ottawa's doing some things better than last year, I think they're looking more sound defensively, and I think the dmen are doing a good job at pinching and keeping the puck in the offensive zone, but they're still scoring goals the same way as they were last season, which are these off the rush plays or floaters from the perimeter. They need to do a much better job at working pucks into consistent scoring areas, and learn that offensive possession is sometimes a marathon, not a sprint.

I'm not expecting them to learn that right away after 4 games into the season, especially when DJ made no attempts to turn them into that type of team but they need to get there eventually. Right now there's a focus on structured disciplined defense, and I think it's paying off at 5v5, but they've got a long way to go on their offensive game.

Reactions: DrEasy and Xspyrit

DackellDuck

Sep 20, 2024
you can't expect ullmark to repeat a performance like that though. and even if he does there is still a good chance we lose.

You can and should, that’s why he got paid. We need him to be like Shesterkin or Hellebyuck, and they do that regularly.

What did people think, that we’d turn into the 2021 Lightning this year?

We’re playing about as expected for what we are, a team that’ll be in the wildcard mix.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
So, imagined starts of the game = facts
Actual statistics and metrics = not facts

Got it.

you talk like your hero.

You can and should, that’s why he got paid. We need him to be like Shesterkin or Hellebyuck, and they do that regularly.

they were manhandling us.

NYR and Winnipeg don't get manhandled like that. Ullmark could play as good and still let in a couple more goals.

• Love
Reactions: swiftwin

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
You? Low Effort GDT - Game 4 | Why has God forsaken us! - Sens vs Devils - 7PM EST on TSN

We need to find a way to win instead of leaning on the bad bounces excuse, and that's what it is, an excuse. 7 years of this lol
What are you even talking about? Last time I checked, I don't work for the team. A fan pointing out that the team played well on an online message board is not going to change how the players on the team approaches the next game.

You're ranting at ghosts right now, and not making any sense.

NYR and Winnipeg don't get manhandled like that. Ullmark could play as good and still let in a couple more goals.
NYR and Winnipeg don't get manhandled like this?
1729216226516.png

DackellDuck

Sep 20, 2024
you talk like your hero.

they were manhandling us.

Did you watch the Rangers against the Panthers in the playoffs last year?

Of course they manhandled us for portions of the game. They’re the Cup champs with a good chance to repeat. They manhandled the Bruins two nights before, too.

In terms of our play this year, outside of the Montreal game, it’s been fine. Not amazing, but not oh my god panic either.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
They hit a billion posts.

Forsberg was good enough. I will give him his props. One goal was a double deflection. He did what he had to do.

I didn't think it was a bad game all things considered. The score made it seem more lopsided than it was.

Oct 10, 2010

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
What are you even talking about? Last time I checked, I don't work for the team. A fan pointing out that the team played well on an online message board is not going to change how the players on the team approaches the next game.

You're ranting at ghosts right now, and not making any sense.
I'm responding to people on a message board? That's the whole point of this back and forth?

No wonder why you idolized that dork.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad