Low Effort GDT Game 4 | Why has God forsaken us! - Sens vs Devils - 7PM EST on TSN

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Both are fast paced and result driven, I thought it was vaguely similar. Tonight sure, but that was legit DJ Smith's main defence. Any time we lost it was "aw man, bad bounces". I'm just tired of hearing it
Then get out there man. Make your own luck.

I shit on this team all the time. When I think it’s deserved. Hard to when we play well we hit 4 posts the other team gets a couple lucky bounces and their goalie came up with big saves

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Disappointing result. Thought they played well. Couldn't buy a goal. Have to work harder to get to the net and get open for shots.

Couple lapses defensively as well. For the most part they were solid. New Jersey capitalized, special teams loss.

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
This is a fresh season, we have new coach and half the roster is different. This is the first game of the season where we were the better team and lost. Nobody cares about your emotional past.
Emotional past lol coming from the guy who will still come out and faithfully fellate Pierre any time he's mentioned.

All I'm saying is that with the core group of guys that we've had, even under a new coach, the whole "bad bounces, we'll get em next time!" sophomoric attitude is really getting old. This team needs to nut the f*** up and make their own luck if we want to sniff the post season.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
you think the two wins were the result of good play?

One was Ullmark stealing it, the other was a shitshow where we got luckier than the other team.

Like every year before this, it's not the record you have to focus on, it's their play, and it hasn't been playoff-contender level at all.
If you think the kings game was just luck. Then I dono. We clearly were the better team. By far the better team.

Just like we were tonight for stretches.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Game 4. No idea what this team is.
We're not a defensive team
We're not a fast team
We're not a creative team
We're not a bruising team

Who are we?

1729215293325.png

Come on, everybody knows we are a team

DackellDuck

Sep 20, 2024
you think the two wins were the result of good play?

One was Ullmark stealing it, the other was a shitshow where we got luckier than the other team.

Like every year before this, it's not the record you have to focus on, it's their play, and it hasn't been playoff-contender level at all.

Our play, record and advanced metrics all indicate the same thing: we’re solidly average.

If things keep up as they are, we’ll finish anywhere from 15th-17th in the league. Right in the mix for a wildcard.

That’s pretty much what I expected, to be honest.

Reactions: DrEasy

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
Emotional past lol coming from the guy who will still come out and faithfully fellate Pierre any time he's mentioned.

All I'm saying is that with the core group of guys that we've had, even under a new coach, the whole "bad bounces, we'll get em next time!" sophomoric attitude is really getting old. This team needs to nut the f*** up and make their own luck if we want to sniff the post season.
What are you even talking about? Who on the team has said that?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Disappointing result. Thought they played well. Couldn't buy a goal. Have to work harder to get to the net and get open for shots.

Couple lapses defensively as well. For the most part they were solid. New Jersey capitalized, special teams loss.
Think it was part of New Jerseys defensive plan to let our players own their crease and get sticks on pucks and tip them past their goalie?

Or to leave kleven wide open for a shot after a rebound that maelstrom had to make a big save on. Of course not. New Jersey had breakdowns. Just like we did. Just like other teams do. Just have to stick with it. Goals start going in. We start getting saves. And we have a solid season on our hands

Reactions: Dionysus
Oct 10, 2010
What kind of graphic is that ? I hope the Sens don’t use shit like that anyone who watched the game would clearly see that FLA out played us for 2 periods and if it wasn’t for Ullmark, we’d lose by multiple goals probably lol

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
Game 4. No idea what this team is.
We're not a defensive team
We're not a fast team
We're not a creative team
We're not a bruising team

Who are we?

All the pundits have been saying for years the team should be built around Brady... but we have more "skill" guys from what I see...

Stutzle - Skill
Giroux - Skill/Defensive skill (I don't really see him as all that tough)
Norris - Skill
Batherson - Skill
Pinto - Skill/Defensive skill

then for grit and guts you have... Brady on line 1... Greig who is injured, and MacEwen on the 4th line...

Gregor is speedy and doesn't play that heavy... Amadio is solid but doesn't play a particularly heavy game... Perron has just been invisible since he got here... Cousins has so far NOT played to his own self-proclaimed shit-disturber role... Gaudette is an AHL goal-scorer... again, skill not grit.

We also seem to have a (Better) lunch-pail coach... We just watched a team play a 6v4 powerplay for 2 full minutes and somehow they couldn't find a shooting lane, and like 50% of the passes were interrupted... HOW THE ACTUAL F!?

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
To be fair you can't expect a player to go 100 all the time and Brady usually for the most part is a bull in a China shop. He's got 4 hits tonight.

Where is Perron or Cousins? Weren't they brought in to be shit disturbers?
But Brady has done it before, he did it last game against LA, he was crashing the net like a mad man and bullying dmen in the corners. Then tonight against NJ he's hovering around waiting for the play to develop around him.

I almost wonder if it'd be better to take him off Timmy's line. Stützle might be a bit too chaotic for a guy like Tkachuk who should really stick to a simple game.

Perron and Cousins I'm not too concerned, they were brought in to be supporting players. Perron needs to be a bit better, but Cousins is on a league min, I'm not expecting much from him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad