GDT: Game 4: Red Wings vs rags 7:30 pm et 10/17/24

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021
I keep saying he is not a top 6 forward anymore and is a lateral move from Perron but people here don’t like to hear literally anything negative.

This team is once again full of shit veterans instead of infusing with kids who play hungry and have potential.

It’s frustrating because the better option is right there.
Lateral move, I can get behind that, but play wise completely different. I noticed Perron, of course the stick infractions, but he also added an element to the team that was lacking.

Gus sucks who would have predicted. Let’s add him to the bin of awful vet contracts yzerman has signed it’s starting to get filled to the brim.
We have no cap space.... it's filled

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
The entire team seems out of sync, which may not be that unusual for the start of a season. What I do find most disappointing is that for a team that has been stressing every point matters, they're playing so flat and listless. Where is the energy and urgency?

AtlantaHotWings

Aug 21, 2024
So who is the coach come Thanksgiving??

The commit to defense is beyond laughable. If the numbers below show a commitment to defense I am terrified what the numbers would be if they weren't committed?

6 - 3

3 - 0 win

4 - 1

5 - 2

Goals given up 15

Goals for 9

Ain't making it to the playoffs with that differential

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
So who is the coach come Thanksgiving??

The commit to defense is beyond laughable. If the numbers below show a commitment to defense I am terrified what the numbers would be if they weren't committed?

6 - 3

3 - 0 win

4 - 1

5 - 2

Goals given up 15

Goals for 9

Ain't making it to the playoffs with that differential
Derek Lalonde is not an NHL level coach.

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
Before the game, it was mentioned that a flu bug wss going on in the team. Hopefully that is a major contributor to the poor effort.

This needs to be remembered.

Not to say that this team doesn't have significant issues to address, but I wasn't able to watch last night and was surprised to see a lot of references about effort and fight.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Starting the season 1-3 while playing like the team gave a shit in only 1 of 3 is a major miss. I don’t know how you can excuse the team being this bad out the gate when they’ve traditionally started well.
Win/Loss doesn't matter so much if we're playing this out of sync and with no oomph in our skates.

If we barely beat a bad team and looked like this I'd still be just as upset.

izlez

Carter Mazur Fan Club
Feb 28, 2012
Win/Loss doesn't matter so much if we're playing this out of sync and with no oomph in our skates.

If we barely beat a bad team and looked like this I'd still be just as upset.
This is what I'm not getting out of all of these reactions. Halfway through the game, they were showing stats about how we were out shooting them. They were showing them how we had many more missed shots. They were showing how we had more scoring chances. The national broadcasters (including a former Ranger) were talking about how we were outplaying them.

Yes, the outcome sucks and that is ultimately what matters.

But as for judging the level of play of that game? We were right there with them until it was 4 or 5 to 1. We lost some steam at that point, which I think is understandable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad