GDT: Game 4 - New York Rangers @ Detroit Red Wings - 7:30 ET (ESPN+, Hulu)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
He's been the epitome of a PP merchant & not immune to criticism. We get he's your guy, you don't need to defend him every time someone calls him out, whether it's justified or not.
Why are you moving goal posts? I never said he was immune to criticism. I expect him to play better myself. He might have been a "PP merchant" last season but you brought up his last 3 season. Did he score 29 goals on the PP in 21-22? What about 22-23? All 40 goals on PP?

He scored 94 goals over the past 3 seasons. That includes his arguably worst season as a Ranger.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Mancini is an adventure in his own zone right now but I'm stoked he scored, especially in his home town.

I think Jones deserves to stay in more than Mancini right now. JMHO

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Why are you moving goal posts? I never said he was immune to criticism. I expect him to play better myself. He might have been a "PP merchant" last season but you brought up his last 3 season. Did he score 29 goals on the PP in 21-22? What about 22-23? All 40 goals on PP?

He scored 94 goals over the past 3 seasons. That includes his arguably worst season as a Ranger.
How am I moving the goalposts? I said he simply needs to be better the past 2+ seasons. You brought up stats, which don't tell the entire story if you're being honest. He hasn't been close to good enough 5v5, & he's feasted on the PP, you can't deny that. Simply put he's not been the engaged 1C we saw pre-covid & it doesn't look like that guy is ever coming back.

Regardless, why do you feel like you need to defend the guy in every single post that says something negative about him? Seems like a giant waste of your time...but you do you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad