GDT: Game 4 - New York Rangers @ Detroit Red Wings - 7:30 ET (ESPN+, Hulu)

BleedBlueNYR

Jan 25, 2019
New York
Every Ranger game I’ve seen except one at MSG has been on the road and I love it. You feel a sense of camaraderie with your fellow Ranger fans in enemy territory. There’s been times where there’s another ranger fan several seats over and we’re starting chants back and forth together and reaching across to high five each other whenever the rangers score. Just walking around the concessions during intermission and running into ranger fans is fun too, one guy I met we talked for the entire intermission and missed some of the next period lol and this is a super rare occurrence for me as a zoomer. People (especially younger people) don’t go strike up conversations with random people like that anymore, especially in Canada where I find them to be less bubbly & outgoing than Americans. Lots of fun.

And this is in Vancouver which is probably known to be one of the shittier & unruly fanbases with their riots and all, and I get some chirps from Canuck fans at games but it’s all in good fun, I enjoy it more than being in a home crowd actually.
Good to hear Ed. Hopefully plenty of Rangers fans there tonight. I’m a zoomer too and our generation definitely keeps more to themselves.

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnerd (the creators of Phineas and Ferb were there today, i wish i could have gone)

a drunk dude bought me a Red Wings pin at the merch stand when i went to the last NYR game at The Joe. everyone was really cool in Detroit. quite a few Canadian folks as well.
Definitely looking to pick up a souvenir. Looking forward to walking around LCA I want to see if they have cool historic displays like MSG or if it’s like MetLife where you can’t even tell what team plays there.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

MyLoveIsBlue

Feb 20, 2015
Detiotwings.png

Reactions: will1066

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Good to hear Ed. Hopefully plenty of Rangers fans there tonight. I’m a zoomer too and our generation definitely keeps more to themselves.

Definitely looking to pick up a souvenir. Looking forward to walking around LCA I want to see if they have cool historic displays like MSG or if it’s like MetLife where you can’t even tell what team plays there.

There is a Gordie Howe statue.

There should also be a RoboCop statue:

Reactions: BleedBlueNYR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad