GDT: Game 4 Boston@Carolina - “If you were waiting for the opportune moment, that was it.”

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
The PK cost them games in October, but rebounded to finish in the Top 10 overall. It's gone ice cold again at the worst possible time. I don't think it's anything structural necessarily; every mistake they're making is ending up in the back of the net.

These goals are so demoralizing and it bleeds over to the 5v5 play.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

JCLA

Feb 23, 2017
Should be a hell of a 3rd for the canes. I would think at least. Just don't know if there is enough left to beat Rask

3CanesInTheBox

no touch my guys
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
The PK cost them games in October, but rebounded to finish in the Top 10 overall. It's gone ice cold again at the worst possible time. I don't think it's anything structural necessarily; every mistake they're making is ending up in the back of the net.

These goals are so demoralizing and it bleeds over to the 5v5 play.

it's got to be mental at this point, at least the pp, just beyond awful

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
As **** as this is, I hope most of us can take a day and reflect on how much fun this season has been.

I don't even need a day. Do you realized how cranked I am than it's May 16 and I haven't looked at a draft preview? I love this. And I'm sorry if that doesn't come across in GDTs when we're losing 2-0 in our final game of the season.

Not sure I’d call Slavin out. He wasn’t even on the ice on the first goal, and on the second he was checked by his teammate after breaking up the zone entry.

Meanwhile he’s now on 3.5 games without being involved in an ESG against.

What was Slavin waiting for to get rid of that puck? That's got to be bang-bang. We seem to think we have one-thousand-one in Round 3 of the playoffs and you just don't.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Evidently, Johnny said it on the radio. We don't have guys who fit traditional power-play roles. We don't have a "bumper" in the middle. We don't have a power play QB. We don't have a sniper. What is Roddy supposed to do? He can't play guys we don't have. The power play is for skill guys to have space to create. We don't have any. We have grit and grind.

I would *love* to focus on acquiring one or more of those specific skills this summer, but to me, the biggest is the sniper. We need somebody who's shot causes teams to back off our passers. Right now, PKs don't have to be honest with us. They can cheat to the passers (TT, Aho) because we don't have anybody who will make them pay for overplaying one side. We need a trigger-man, and Faulk just ain't it. He *used* to be. He used to be downright dangerous on the left dot. He used to score back-door goals. He doesn't anymore. Maybe Necas can be that guy, but now we're counting on two 20-year-old rookies.

The bottom line is that we don't have nearly enough skill to have an effective power play. A defense playing as aggressively as Boston's whould get abused by a skillful power play.

But none of this is shocking. We've gritted and grinded ourselves to this point. It's as far as we can go with the guys we have now. We need to add skill. This should shock nobody. But I expected more out of Aho and Teravainen at this point in the season.

Ironically, Lindholm is a great bumper. He had just been bumping it to Jordan Staal instead of Sean Monahan and for some reason that was less successful.

They need Necas to play that left side RH suit role they are clearly grooming him for. Aho and TT are best suited for the exact same spot on the PP but have to play on PP1. It’s a not anywhere near ideal.

Highest Boss

Jan 15, 2014
Illinois
So who do the refs favor between the Bruins and Sharks?
giphy.gif

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Boston is just another level right now.

Not much any team can do when the Bruins are playing with this type of structure and have Rask playing at a Conn Smythe level.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Ironically, Lindholm is a great bumper. He had just been bumping it to Jordan Staal instead of Sean Monahan and for some reason that was less successful.

They need Necas to play that left side RH suit role they are clearly grooming him for. Aho and TT are best suited for the exact same spot on the PP but have to play on PP1. It’s a not anywhere near ideal.

Skinner is, too. ;)

hurricure

Sr Vice President of Snacking
Oct 8, 2016
Trail BC
It would be such a canes thing to turn it on now... tie it up with a minute left and lose in OT... oh yeah it’s going to happen... never mind... that was pretty canesy too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad