BRUINS GDT GAME 4 10:38 PM EDT - THE BEAR explores South Park - NESN, ESPN+, 98.5 WBZ-FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
GDT designed by @Alicat

is-it-time-yet-cookie-monster.gif

full

full

full

full

Boston Bruins @ LA Kings
10:30 pm ET
Boston TV/Radio:
NESN, 98.5 FM The Sports Hub​

LA TV/Radio: BSW, LA Kings Audio Network on @iHeartRadio​

TONIGHT’S GAME -The Bruins visit the Kings tonight in the frst of two games between these teams this season and Boston’s lone visit to Crypto.com Arena this year ... The Bruins are 3-0-0 overall this season and they are 1-0-0 on the road ... They are 3-0-0 vs. Western Conference teams. - The Bruins play their frst of 12 sets of back-to-back games tonight vs. Los Angeles and tomorrow in Anaheim ... They are currently 0-0-0 in the frst game of those sets and 0-0-0 in the second games so far. -The Bruins will play game two tonight of their current four-game road trip (1-0-0) ... They will continue their trip in Anaheim on Oct. 22 and in Chicago on Oct. 24.

MILESTONES APPROACHING - Jim Montgomery is two games shy of his 200th NHL game coached. - Kevin Shattenkirk is 3 goals short of his 100th NHL goal. - David Pastrnak is 5 games shy of his 600 NHL games. - Kevin Shattenkirk is 6 games short of his 900th NHL game. - James van Riemsdyk is 6 points shy of his 600th NHL assist. - Brad Marchand is 8 assists short of his 500th NHL assist. - Charlie McAvoy is 8 assists short of his 200th NHL assist. - Charlie Coyle is 8 points shy of his 400th NHL point. - Derek Forbort is 9 points short of his 100th NHL point. - James van Riemsdyk is 9 assists shy of his 300th NHL assist. - Pavel Zacha is 10 goals shy of his 100th NHL goal.

INJURIES - None reported.

BOSTON vs LOS ANGELES, LIFETIME SERIES - The Bruins and Kings are meeting for the 149th time in their histories with Boston holding a 89-38-13-8 record and 583-451 scoring advantage in those games. - The Bruins are 40-25-7-1 vs. the Kings in 73 road games with a 264-238 scoring edge in those contests. - The Bruins have taken points out of their last 11 games vs. Los Angeles at 7-0-4 in that span.

NUMBERS 3: Games each so far this season with points – David Pastrnak has 4-1=5 totals in three straight games, and Brad Marchand has 1- 2=3 totals in three games this season.

8: Players on the current roster new to the organization this season – Johnny Beecher, Patrick Brown, Morgan Geekie, Milan Lucic, Ian Mitchell, Matt Poitras, Kevin Shattenkirk, James van Riemsdyk

10: Players on the current roster who played college hockey – Johnny Beecher, Patrick Brown, Charlie Coyle, Derek Forbort, Trent Frederic, Charlie McAvoy, Ian Mitchell, Kevin Shattenkirk, James van Riemsdyk

11: Former frst round draft picks on the current roster – Johnny Beecher, Charlie Coyle, Jake DeBrusk, Derek Forbort, Trent Frederic, Hampus Lindholm, Charlie McAvoy, David Pastrnak, Kevin Shattenkirk, James van Riemsdyk, Pavel Zacha

13: Straight penalty kills for Boston in three games.

579: Current streak of regular season and playoff games sold out at TD Garden.

FUN FACTS - The Bruins currently have 22 players on their roster ... 11 were drafted by the team, four were acquired in trade and seven were signed as free agents. - The Bruins play 11 matinees this season (local time 4:00 pm or earlier) ... They have an 0-0-0 record in afternoon games so far. - The Bruins play 12 sets of back-to-back games this season ... They are currently 0-0-0 in the frst game of those sets and 0-0-0 in the second games so far. - The Bruins are playing game four of a nine-game October schedule tonight (fve home/four road, 3-0-0) ... They will play 13 games in November (fve home/eight road) ... They will play 13 games in December (six home/seven road) ... They will play 14 games in January (seven home/seven road) ...They will play 12 games in February (eight home/four road) ... They will play 14 games in March (seven home/seven road) ... They will play seven games in April (three home/four road).

RECENT TRANSACTIONS October 1: Alex Chiasson released from his PTO. October 1: Michael DiPietro placed on waivers for purpose of assignment to Providence. October 1: Frederic Brunet and Brett Harrison will report to Providence Bruins training camp. October 2: Kyle Keyser placed on waivers for purpose of assignment to Providence. October 2: John Farinacci will report to Providence Bruins training camp. October 3: Alec Regula, Dan Renouf, Anthony Richard, Reilly Walsh and Parker Wotherspoon have been placed on waivers for purpose of assignment to Providence. October 3: Mike Callahan and Fabian Lysell will report to Providence Bruins training camp. October 4: Frederic Brunet signed to a three-year entry-level contract. October 4: Jayson Megna placed on waivers for purpose of assignment to Providence. October 4: Trevor Kuntar, Marc McLaughlin, and Georgii Merkulov will report to Providence Bruins training camp. October 6: Brandon Bussi will report to Providence Bruins training camp. October 7: Jesper Boqvist, Oskar Steen and Jakub Zboril placed on waivers for purpose of assignment to Providence. October 8: AJ Greer and Patrick Brown placed on waivers for purpose of assignment to Providence. October 9: AJ Greer claimed off waivers by Calgary Flames. October 9: Mason Lohrei assigned to Providence/AHL. October 10: Patrick Brown recalled from Providence/AHL.

Tonight's Officials

Referees Cody Beach (45), Francis Charron (6)
Linespersons Ryan Gibbons (58), Travis Toomey (90)

full

Crypto.com Arena, Los Angeles, CA

full

Boston Bruins Twitter

LA Kings Twitter

full

Bruins Begin Road Trip on Right Foot

Geekie Eager for Chance with Marchand, Poitras

Delaware North Appoints Glen Thornborough as President of TD Garden and Chief Operating Officer of Boston Bruins

full

full

1697919410924.png

Jeremy Swayman
1 GP | 1-0-0-0 | .944 Sv% | 2.03 GAA

1697919378718.png

full

full

Cam Talbot
3 GP | 2-1-0-0 | .916 Sv% | 2.67 GAA | 2 PIM

full

61vDShNHfqL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

full

Last edited:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I put this comment up on the last (pregame) thread.
About a month or so ago, I read an interview (wish I could remember where) with Don Sweeney. He was asked if talks have started on extending JDB. He answered (paraphrasing) that "we have to see if Jake still wants to be here since he requested to be traded the season before last."
I thought that was very telling. I will try to find the interview and post it here.

But here's the actual interview so I was a bit off.

“We're going to have communication with Jake and his representation, and we'd like to know if Jake indeed does want to be here and hopefully we can find common ground,” Bruins general manager Don Sweeney said, via NHL.com. “We'd like to see Jake remain with the Bruins.”

IMO, Jake is a sensitive guy and (also JMO) he looked like he was sulking during the last game.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
About a month or so ago, I read an interview (wish I could remember where) with Don Sweeney. He was asked if talks have started on extending JDB. He answered (paraphrasing) that "we have to see if Jake still wants to be here since he requested to be traded the season before last."
I thought that was very telling. I will try to find the interview and post it here.

“We're going to have communication with Jake and his representation, and we'd like to know if Jake indeed does want to be here and hopefully we can find common ground,” Bruins general manager Don Sweeney said, via NHL.com. “We'd like to see Jake remain with the Bruins.”

IMO, Jake is a sensitive guy and (also JMO) he looked like he was sulking during the last game.
Where was this in game missed it

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

[/QUOTE]

This isn't a good look from DeBrusk. A key player missing a team meeting on the first roadie. You assume Montgomery and DeBrusk are going to get questions
on this.

• Wow
Reactions: sooshii

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
DeBrusk is 27 and about as dangerous and troublesome as a puppy dog

He’s a likeable airhead

Based on the way he packs for trips he probably got off on the wrong floor

Monty been trying to get control the last few days

If we find out DeBrusk is the Ass Crack Bandit now I am concerned

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Hopefully it's a lot of nothing and it blows over. I'm glad Monty is setting a line in the sand somewhere. Debrusk should get the message.

The first game against a good team on the road and you're sat for missing a team meeting isn't nothing.

Reactions: BMC

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

It is your standard GM speak but there will be people in the media looking for clicks that will try to tie these comments into what happened now which is unfair.

My hope is that Jake doesn't duck the questions asked and that he is honest about what happened and accepts Monty's decision. If he ducks it and brushes it off then that's an entirely different conversation.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
the line in the sand means little, the message Jake and his agent interpret is everything
So whats monty to do? Let him off ? No one is above the team. Your late there’s consequences and thats being scratched. As far as this affecting negotiations go this to me is a strike agaist Jake. Bruins organization does not look highly on discipline issues with players. Remember what happened to Seguin?

MillerTime29Bombs

Feb 12, 2023
Woburn
Might want to keep an eye on him. Seems he had some wandering fingers last week between periods setting up some night time entertainment for his boys. Reel him in Jim!

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Hopefully it's a lot of nothing and it blows over. I'm glad Monty is setting a line in the sand somewhere. Debrusk should get the message.
That's what I'm thinking. It's not like Jake has a history of snorting coke in his hotel room with hookers. This isn't the Capitals. I'm thinking it was likely sleeping through an alarm or trying to beat his high score in a video game and losing track of time. I would be absolutely shocked if there is anything more at play than just a coach being a coach and letting the team know that rules will be followed.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
So whats monty to do? Let him off ? No one is above the team. Your late there’s consequences and thats being scratched. As far as this affecting negotiations go this to me is a strike agaist Jake. Bruins organization does not look highly on discipline issues with players. Remember what happened to Seguin?

could have kept it in house so it doesn't become a spectacle, but the Bruins made it public now so here we are holding a FA accountable. It's now a distraction .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad