BRUINS GDT GAME 4 1:08 PM - FLORIDA - NESN, NESN 4K, ESPN+, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
This (IMO) is a big game. A win (with no Bs injuries) would be sweet. Keep your head up Matty P.

Hey Steve, I hope the Bruins win today.
1728906254020.png

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :clap::clap:

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Anyone else working today?

My mistake was not wfh today lol. Might have to make up an excuse to transition back home.

Go Bs!

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
They looked very passive in losing to Buffalo (without Tkachuk and Barkov) so if we can't beat them now maybe we never can.
They also played Knight in goal vs Buffalo, I'm sure Bobrovsky will be back in today.

With no Tka-scum In the lineup, that's one less dirtbag to goad Bruins into fights only to have him skate away.

Reactions: Gordoff

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
I don’t think the Bruins will be as bad as they were vs FLA last week. Win or lose today, I think what I really want to see is them be much more tighter in their own zone. Poor coverage at times in all three games so far. Need to correct that in the first 10 games of the year. Also want to see them get more than one shot by the 10 minute mark of the first.

Swayman starts, we win 3-1 and on the road they go for the first big trip of the season.

Let’s go Bruins!

Reactions: OV and Roll 4 Lines

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Anyone else working today?

My mistake was not wfh today lol. Might have to make up an excuse to transition back home.

Go Bs!
Yup. First day back from vacation to boot. I work from home and take a break from 12-1 so I can at least watch the first period and then stream the rest of the game as I work

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Hopefully I'll catch a replay tonight. My cheap-azz company doesn't give us Indigenous Peoples Day off, so I'm hard at work, as youse guise can plainly see!
We don’t get Columbus Day off either but big holiday in Canada, Thanksgiving, big hockey day.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Montgomery should ask everyone on the roster who would turtle from Bennett and bench them for this one. 18 skaters should be hunting today.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Im retired now hut I dont think I ever had this as a holiday day off. Wherever I had been always ‘traded’ today for Friday after Thanksgiving.

Reactions: OV

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

The Bruins have won two games in a row since dropping their season opener to the Panthers six days ago in Sunrise, Fla. But that doesn’t mean they’re not smarting over the result.

After falling to Florida in six games in the second round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs last spring, the Bruins opened with a frustrating 6-4 loss to the defending champions. They followed up with a 6-4 win over the Canadiens and a 2-1 overtime victory over the Kings, delivered on a David Pastrnak winner.

There’s a few reasons to believe Monday’s rematch could go differently. Jeremy Swayman, he of the recent eight-year, $66 million extension, didn’t play in the opener, leaving Joonas Korpisalo to flounder in his Bruins debut.

The Panthers, who have lost two in a row since beating Boston, will be without center Aleksander Barkov (lower body), right wing Justin Sourdif (undisclosed), and left wing Tomas Nosek (upper body). Matthew Tkachuk missed Saturday’s loss to Buffalo with an illness. His status is day-to-day.

“I think there’s a bit of a rivalry there and it’s continuously growing,” Florida forward Evan Rodrigues said after last week’s meeting. “They play hard. They’re well coached. They’re structured. They play the game the right way. I think you have two teams battling it out.”

Notes: Both teams are 5-5 in their last 10 games against each other, although the Panthers have eliminated the Bruins in the last two postseasons . . . Panthers goalie Sergei Bobrovsky, who was brilliant in their Stanley Cup run, has allowed six goals in two starts and sports a 0.897 save percentage . . . The Panthers lost all four regular-season games to the Bruins last year before beating them in the conference semifinals . . . The Panthers, who had the best Eastern Conference road record at 26-11-4 last season, were unable to overcome missing both Barkov and Tkachuk in a 5-2 loss at Buffalo on Saturday . . . Saturday also marked Spencer Knight’s first NHL start since leaving the Panthers to join the NHL/NHLPA Player Assistance Program in February 2023. He made 22 saves. Knight’s fellow Boston College grad Patrick Giles was recalled from Charlotte of the American Hockey League to make his NHL debut on Saturday.

Reactions: Grumpy Grizz

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Don’t expect another Garden slumber party when the Bruins meet the Panthers on Monday afternoon. The game will be a rematch of a season-opening 6-4 loss in Florida, a result that left the Bruins feeling frustrated.

The Bruins (2-1-0) recovered with a 6-4 victory over the Canadiens and only got past the Kings, 2-1, in overtime via a late wake-up call goal from David Pastrnak.

“I think for us it’s all about execution and effort, and that wasn’t there,” Bruins coach Jim Montgomery said of Tuesday’s loss to the reigning champions. “We’ve got to get back to playing hockey. I love it that we have emotion, you know. They’re a rival. But at the same time we’ve got to be disciplined. We’re taking too many penalties.”

As for the decaffeinated matinee date with the Kings, Montgomery said: “I don’t know why. We usually like playing in the afternoon. It’s early in the year, we’ve had two bad starts and one really good one. I think early on we were slow, just everywhere, right? And I think we were really slow on entries and I didn’t think our intensity on faceoffs was there.”

Montgomery’s message to the Bruins is wake up and smell the coffee. Just don’t down too many cups.

“I think your emotions can easily take over a little bit from time to time,” left winger Cole Koepke said after practice at Warrior Ice Arena Sunday. “Especially when the games are so intense and you come home, and there’s so much history to them. But I think you have to just try and do everything you can to keep your temper and keep emotions in check. They’re going to happen, just make sure you’re going to use them in a way that’s not going to hurt the team.”

“Since then we’ve watched video and talked as a team,” Koepke said of the opener. “And I think we’ve gotten better already the last couple games. And parts of our game get better every day.

“What we go back to is, we try to play fast, play hard. And if we don’t get the puck or get it done the first time, we’re just going to keep giving that second effort and try and wear the team down, and just keep playing.”

Reactions: Grumpy Grizz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad