Jonah Gadjovich -- Patrick Giles

Gustav Forsling -- Aaron Ekblad

Niko Mikkola -- Dmitry Kulikov

Uvis Balinskis -- Nate Schmidt

Adam Boqvist

Sergei Bobrovsky

Spencer Knight

Scratched: None

Injured: Aleksander Barkov (lower body), Matthew Tkachuk (illness), Tomas Nosek (upper body)

Bruins projected lineup

Pavel Zacha -- Elias Lindholm -- David Pastrnak

Brad Marchand -- Charlie Coyle -- Morgan Geekie

Trent Frederic -- Matthew Poitras -- Justin Brazeau

John Beecher -- Mark Kastelic -- Cole Koepke

Nikita Zadorov -- Charlie McAvoy

Hampus Lindholm -- Brandon Carlo

Mason Lohrei -- Andrew Peeke

Jeremy Swayman

Joonas Korpisalo

Scratched: Parker Wotherspoon, Max Jones, Riley Tufte

Injured: None

Status report

Tkachuk missed Florida's 5-2 loss to the Buffalo Sabres on Saturday, leaving his status for Monday in question. … With three injured forwards, the Panthers could stick with the 11 forwards and seven defensemen alignment they used against the Sabres if Tkachuk is unable to play.​

bruinsfan1968

Make America United Again! Save our Democracy!
May 6, 2019
Bennett isn't a fighter, he's a spot picker waiting for the right moment to cheapshot somebody, he wants the advantage, no honor in him at all!
The Bruins aren't a dirty team, it's opposite to the culture they are proud to be know for, it is what it is!.

Reactions: Ladyfan

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
They looked very passive in losing to Buffalo (without Tkachuk and Barkov) so if we can't beat them now maybe we never can.

Initiate don't retaliate. That should always be the mantra when playing them. Don't get sucked into their game.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Wishful thinking but it would be amazing if a Cup hangover and injury bug and a strong top 8/9 teams in the East kept Florida out. But they could be like Edmonton last year and basically take of 25% of the season without any effect.

Devils were always going to respond from their stinker of a regular season last year and claim a playoff spot but the Metro looks pretty awful after them and the Rangers. I guess the Canes can't fall off too much and they get 3 teams no matter what. Montreal, Ottawa, and the Wings seem improved. I guess you just need 2/3 of them to finish above Florida and us, Tampa, and Toronto and that would do it without factoring in a Metro team.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Yeah, I really feel sorry for them....Not
:huh:

It sucks because we don't get to play them at full strength. We need to get used to playing that team at their best. We need to figure out how to counter Tkachuk-Bennett. How to handle the pretend tough guy acts and how to handle their system of spamming our goal and getting inside on our D.

Last edited:

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

It sucks because we don't get to play them at full strength. We need to get used to playing that team at their best. We need to figure out how to counter Tkachuk-Bennett. How to handle the pretend tough guy acts and how to handle their system of spamming our goal and getting inside on our D.

Very true. Missed opportunity in that sense. But what the Bruins can do is make sure they take care of business against a weakened opponent. Can't prove much, perhaps, but what we want to avoid is giving the Panthers even more of a psychological advantage over the Bruins by beating us short-handed. Play hard, put up a W against them, learn what you can, and get ready for the next bout.

Reactions: BMC

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
The Panthers' core remains intact, but they lost many important pieces of their Cup team.

Ekman-Larsson and Montour were key cogs on the backend. Kevin Stenlund was solid defensively and a key part of their PK. I'm as tired as everyone else hearing about pest players providing 'identity;' but Lomberg and Cousins did that for Florida. Lorentz munched minutes on their fourth line, and even grizzled vets like Tarasenko and Okposo contributed.

I liked Greer and J. Boqvist with the Bruins, but they are a downgrade; as is Adam Boqvist, who they more or less got off the scrap heap.

Someone should have Morgan Rielly'd Sam Bennett after running Korpisalo, but I tip my cap to him for out-ratting Marchand. Bennett was coming back from injury, Marchand targeted him, Bennett saw him coming, and got him first. I got a chuckle watching Behind the B went Pat Maroon went to Bennett for an explanation. ;)

Poitras needs to keep his head up against this bunch.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

I hear what you're saying and you make a good point about playing their full lineup, but since they're short-handed, I want the Bruins to take full advantage....and destroy them if they can.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Bennett isn't a fighter, he's a spot picker waiting for the right moment to cheapshot somebody, he wants the advantage, no honor in him at all!
The Bruins aren't a dirty team, it's opposite to the culture they are proud to be know for, it is what it is!.
He's a very good fighter actually.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Bruins won all 4 regular season matchups with the Panthers last year only to lose to them in the playoffs in 6. I think the Bruins know how to handle it but lacked the horses last year to do it 4 times when it mattered most.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Once again if Fredric challenges any p***ycat to fight...that interests me very little.
Run Bobrovsky.
Run their defence.
Run Bennett.
That's all I care about.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
They looked very passive in losing to Buffalo (without Tkachuk and Barkov) so if we can't beat them now maybe we never can.

Initiate don't retaliate. That should always be the mantra when playing them. Don't get sucked into their game.
The Bruins beat the Panthers in the 2023-24 regular season in all 4 games which maybe gave some false security. I will look at it as a good sign that they beat us in the first game this season. They can win the regular games, let's beat them in the playoffs.

Hopefully, I can squeeze in the first two periods and then I will have to hustle to get ready for our family coming at 3:00 for Thanksgiving. Calling on my inner strength to stay away from my devices until I can finish the game later.

Reactions: Ladyfan and bme44

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

They were 4-0 against em last regular season.

Reactions: Ladyfan

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Focus on playing a hard, tough, physical game. This will translate into a victory . If you do this everything else will take care of its self. Play 60 minutes and from whistle to whistle .

This is the best way to send a message.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad