BRUINS GDT GAME 4 1:08 PM - FLORIDA - NESN, NESN 4K, ESPN+, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Healthy Wrap

May 15, 2014
Neely’s Kitchen
For dump and chase to work you have to get there fast enough to actually cause the D distress. Half the wingers in the middle six are slow as f***.
“Obviously, this game is fast. We're not as fast as we'd like to be. Some of that had to do with last offseason, when we were really kind of hamstrung with what we were trying to accomplish. I think Don and our pro staff did a really good job last offseason and built a team that competed the way they did.

“But there's areas where we still need to improve, and we're going to address that this offseason for sure. But yeah, we need to get a little faster, and I'd like to see a little bit more 50/50 puck battle wins. That's an area where it’s just, you have to want the puck more than the other team.”

-Cam Neely, 5/22/24

Still waiting for that speed, Cam!

Reactions: wintersej

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
1728934009607.jpeg

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
55 has those one or two plays around the net every game where you say “hey there!”. But the other 95% of the time he is out there he is a liability. There might be a player there, but I don’t think it’s on a team that already lacks the foot speed up front like this one.

Maybe look at 63-51-Johnson as a quick tenacious line in the mold of what Vegas used to have.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
They're bringing it now, and I suspect Florida is in more of a shell than earlier, but it's frustrating when they don't show this intensity until there are 6 minutes left in a one goal game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad