GDT: Game 39: Bruins @ Sabres - 12/29 7pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Seriously, this long and people still use the same talking points and seemingly ignoring or not understanding what he tried to accomplish, as well as not understanding why those players cost what they did and why he needed to use those assets.

Sure it’s valid to say he targeted the wrong players. But I’d like to know, how others would’ve accomplished what needed to be done 2014-2015. Our roster lacked leadership, top 6 players, longer term starting goaltending, and any players worth any value(the majority were still in development). He accomplished all this.

Right now, Lehner and hiring Bylsma were his black eyes, but getting Lehner allowed goaltenders like Ullmark and Petersen to develop, two goalies who had the best chances in our organization to become starters.

Kane, was a top 6 goal scorer, who was locked into a long term deal, we gave up a 1st round pick (seems plausiable considering term and age of player) and then you had UFA to be Stafford who was not going to re-sign for us. Kane, at the time, was either going to be a longer term player or be a valuable asset at a later time...cue 3 years later and Kane is traded for what could be a 1st round pick...Thanks Botts, but there seems to be silence on thanking Murray for bringing a player that could bring that type of asset.

But I don’t want to talk too much on past management, just don’t think the hyperbolic rhetoric people have his tenure is and how it ruined our organization is from far from the truth.
As upset as I was about the return in the Kane to SJ trade and as angry as I was at Botts I've come to the conclusion since that Botts didn't deserve my wrath because Kane wrecked his value with his character issues. Botts basically got what he could get.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
For a team that just went 31st OA to currently 7th OA ... this forum is such cringe.

I love this team. We are doing things right. Let’s Go Buffalo!!!!
I love this team as well, which is why when I see something endangering the success of this season and that there is a very simple corrective action that can be taken (replace the bad ineffective players with guys from Rochester) I would like for it to be taken.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Poor Dahlin. He got the anchor attached to his legs tonight.

I pray it is to try and make Scandella look like a passable nhl defenseman for a minute so he can be traded for pretty much nothing and the vastly superior Pilut can take his place.

A dangerous game to play while trying to maintain a playoff spot.

Peak tank moves.

Reactions: Fearnot

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Well if you are too ignorant to see the difference between last years team and this years than I feel sorry for you. Go Sabres!!
Last year's team was Botterill's doing too, though. Do we just ignore that?

And I'm not asking what's different. I'm asking what we're doing right. And "having Jack Eichel and Rasmus Dahlin on the team" does not count.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Great breakout pass by Reino, great individual effort by Skinner, nice follow-up by Scandella

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad