GDT: Game 38: Sharks @ Stars 5:00pm NBCSCA

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Pavs!!!!

That used to be a common place around here. I miss it. :(

The Sharks are in silicon valley. Of course they decided to try and get ahead of the curve by abandoning their traditional fiat currency Joe$$$ for cutting edge cryptocurrency.

Note: In this terrible metaphor the cryptocurrency is Kevin Labanc.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
The Sharks are in silicon valley. Of course they decided to try and get ahead of the curve by abandoning their traditional fiat currency Joe$$$ for cutting edge cryptocurrency.

Note: In this terrible metaphor the cryptocurrency is Kevin Labanc.

Unlike some players (Couture), LaBanc has actually been scoring some.

Yeah, that top line is lethal. Get Hintz a goal and that entire line will have a goal tonight.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Unlike some players (Couture), LaBanc has actually been scoring some.

that's how crypto-ponzi schemes work though. Gotta show you some returns to get maximum buy in before the bottom falls out.

Couture is like low-yield bonds. Uninformed people tell you they're a good idea because they seem less risky but then a few years later you've made like $5 on them and wonder what the opportunity cost of all that time and money invested ended up being.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
This team is so inconsistent it isn’t funny.
The power play can look great, but tonight it’s looking like the players are half asleep - they’re taking an eternity to do anything with the puck when they get it and if it’s not taken away from them they throw a pass to no one or into skates.

As for the goals against - it seems like a bad idea to not even try to tie up Pavelski’s stick. That too many men penalty - honestly that was a complete F Up.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Those green arena lights don't say "stars" so much as "alien abductions."

• Haha

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That goal was so fluky.

Reimer has given up more than his fair share of softies, but Benn being right in front made it pretty hard for him to be able to stop it before it hit the post.

And then in the weirdest, most flukiest way it somehow ends up under his pads for a second before rolling in.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I hate broadcasts that put their score displays at the bottom of the screen. I don't like having to peer up over the top of my computer screen to see the score. Just put it in the top corner like a normal sports broadcast!

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Part of me thinks I should be watching this, but part of me is also cool with watching Canada/Sweden. Either way I'm guaranteed to sit here and be sad over things we'll never had (victory on the Sharks side, shiny good prospects on the WJC side because we all know that the Sharks will draft Will Smith after securing a top 5 pick and then Mike Grier will reveal that he's actually been Tim Burke all along)
Will Smith is little. No way Gritty Grier has any interest in him. Matthew Wood is the real top 5 pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad