GDT: Game 37: Montreal @ Dallas, Tues. Jan. 2nd, 8 p.m. | RDS, TSN2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Dallas is on top of that list for me, which is weird because they’re not that irrelevant.
Down here in Texas they are hugely popular. Their AHL team is very well run. They rarely rush players. You can make an argument that they are top 5 of the best managed organizations. Several of their best players were drafted and developed in house.

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
A redemption game for Monty...................4 goals on 20 shots, and the tying was something I haven't seen since the Leafs Vesa Toskala retired.....he was sooooooooo awful.,
The team had the game in the bag, and then Monty $hit the bed....
Ahh… the legend of VESA Toskala!

• Haha
Reactions: BLONG7

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Question of the day- will Matheson acknowledge Slaf on the PP and maybe even pass him the puck once in a while?

If he dosen't we will put Matthew on the case.

image.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Tyson

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
It was the first game after the holiday break for him. It's not uncommon to have an off night in those situations.
Could be.............................not sure about other goalies around the league played like pee wee goalies though?
Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of Monty.....but he was bad. Goalies can be the reason you win games, and the reason you lose games..........

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Down here in Texas they are hugely popular. Their AHL team is very well run. They rarely rush players. You can make an argument that they are top 5 of the best managed organizations. Several of their best players were drafted and developed in house.
Dallas' drafting sucked for a few years. They somehow hit a goldmine in 2015 and 2017, drafting Oettinger, Roberston, and Hintz way outside the top-10 and picking Heiskanen #3OA.

Plus, their vets refuse to die. It's a talented and very balanced roster.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I remember when some on this board thought Bergevin was a better GM than Jim Nill, the Dallas GM!! LOL

To be fair to the Habs though, the Stars are in obscurity compared to the habs.............and Bergevin bowed down to the media on many occasions on the what not to do choices.
The Dallas GM can just do his job, and not worry about media and fans hollering....

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Dallas' drafting sucked for a few years. They somehow hit a goldmine in 2015 and 2017, drafting Oettinger, Roberston, and Hintz way outside the top-10 and picking Heiskanen #3OA.

Plus, their vets refuse to die. It's a talented and very balanced roster.

For real, Pavelski is like 200 years old and is still out pointing everyone on our roster.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

I agree with that. What they've managed to build when they were the laughing stock for getting so many older players is great. Hintz, Robertson and Heiskanen hitting big time changed everything.

Reactions: jrom and Tyson

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Habs are the only team in the league incapable of playing a heavy game. Uncanny.
We have some guys who could, Anderson, Armia, Dvo, Slafkosky..............but it just doesn't translate at all.............
We have Gally, who is a heavy breather after 25 seconds on the ice........that doesn't translate to much either................22 games and counting, all the while pulling in 8M bucks this year.

I can only imagine the Gally salary and the chatter behind closed doors with HuGo and Mol$on.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016
Montreal is on a 3 game losing skid, and are 2-3-1 on this 6 game split road trip so far.

They haven't called anyone up to replace Dvorak, so expect 11F & 7D again.

They haven't announced the starting goalie yet.

Game is 8 p.m. est.
I noticed that Suzuki was being double shifted as a centre occasionally last game, but didn't realize which player was missing. Dvorak makes hockey worse as a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad