GDT: Game 37: Montreal @ Dallas, Tues. Jan. 2nd, 8 p.m. | RDS, TSN2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
Montreal is on a 3 game losing skid, and are 2-3-1 on this 6 game split road trip so far.

They haven't called anyone up to replace Dvorak, so expect 11F & 7D again.

They haven't announced the starting goalie yet.

Game is 8 p.m. est.

Feels like HuGo’s shenanigans are spilling over MSL’s playground.

3 goalies, a ton of LD, only 3 top6 forwards and various useless vets, what a roster.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Feels like HuGo’s shenanigans are spilling over MSL’s playground.

3 goalies, a ton of LD, only 3 top6 forwards and various useless vets, what a roster.
No teams want the various useless vets that MB signed and until they are moved/become UFAs the forward roster structure is handcuffed.

The ton of LDs is actually a good problem, that means Hughes can use them as trade currency like he did with Romanov.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
No teams want the various useless vets that MB signed and until they are moved/become UFAs the forward roster structure is handcuffed.

The ton of LDs is actually a good problem, that means Hughes can use them as trade currency like he did with Romanov.

I agree it’s not hopeless, what I’m saying is that those pending (or wishful) roster moves are affecting the current roster.

At this point I don’t care which goalie is traded, which LD is traded but make something happen. And the TDL trades probably means at least another Pearson/Gurianov type player coming in.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I agree it’s not hopeless, what I’m saying is that those pending (or wishful) roster moves are affecting the current roster.

At this point I don’t care which goalie is traded, which LD is traded but make something happen. And the TDL trades probably means at least another Pearson/Gurianov type player coming in.
The roster impact might be a blessing in disguise.

And cap dump will always be a thing, especially in this cap strapped era...

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

The other night, we had Dvo, Gally and Armia on a line........................it was The No One Wants us Line.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
A redemption game for Monty...................4 goals on 20 shots, and the tying was something I haven't seen since the Leafs Vesa Toskala retired.....he was sooooooooo awful.,
The team had the game in the bag, and then Monty $hit the bed....

It was the first game after the holiday break for him. It's not uncommon to have an off night in those situations.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
one of the teams I never even think of in the NHL. Dallas, Winnipeg, Arizona, Columbus, San Jose... I keep forgetting they exist

Dallas is on top of that list for me, which is weird because they’re not that irrelevant.

Reactions: Habs

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
A redemption game for Monty...................4 goals on 20 shots, and the tying was something I haven't seen since the Leafs Vesa Toskala retired.....he was sooooooooo awful.,
The team had the game in the bag, and then Monty $hit the bed....
That game had two candidates for Worst Goals Of The Season: Montembeault's Pee-Wee level positioning and Tampa's collective brain-fart when they stopped playing and let Kovacevic score into an empty net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad