GDT: Game 35: New York Rangers @ Tampa Bay Lightning, 7 pm ET, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Interesting period. Still a bit confused about the interference call: the bump didn’t prevent Igor from making the eventual save. If anything, this should have been a goal or penalties to Mika AND Jeannot would have been in order. No?
to be honest I would have interpreted it as Jeannot initiated action in the crease and contact on the original shot and was still in the crease on the rebound when Shesterkin was trying to get back to make a save. I could be wrong but I think the one thing about the crease is still that you can't just hang around standing in it before the puck gets there. If you're scrumming for a loose puck then sure but if you're standing in the crease before the shot then technically it's interference.

WHether that's still true or ever called I dunno, but to my mind that is the best argument as to what happened

e: checking the rules yeah it's kinda true...basically if the refs think that the player being in the crease got in Shesterkins way then it can be considered interference

Reactions: CasusBelli

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The way Trouba got the puck at the net on the second goal is what he's good it. He's very underrated at it actually.

If he did that on the powerplay, he'd be a good PPQB but as soon as it's a powerplay, he shoots 2,000 MPH like an idiot and misses the net.

He only does it well at even strength.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
Oof... if they lost that challenge would it have been a 5on3? And did they know that risk?
Interesting period. Still a bit confused about the interference call: the bump didn’t prevent Igor from making the eventual save. If anything, this should have been a goal or penalties to Mika AND Jeannot would have been in order. No?
I really don’t understand how there’s any confusion. He kicked Shety’s skate out (interference by itself), but because of all of the pressure, Shesty couldn’t get back on his skates. He was just scrambling.

Reactions: ecemleafs

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Again, it would be really nice to tighten this up now that we have the lead.

We've talked about low-event and high-event play.

The most successful teams do both and dictate which one they want. It's something I'd like to get into the habit of doing when we're ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad