BRUINS GDT GAME 35 5:08 PM - New Year's Eve in Detroit City - NESN, ESPN+, SN, 92.9 WBOS-FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1704009781716.png

1704009611175.png

Tonight's Officials

1704010917680.png
1704010947448.png

Referees Francis Charron (6), Wes McCauley (4)
Linespersons Brandon Grillo (75), Andrew Smith (51)

The Bruins visit the Red Wings tonight in the fourth and final game between these teams this season and the second of two games at Little Caesars Arena this year ... The Bruins are 21-7- 6 overall this season and they are 10-5-3 on the road ... They are 12-5-4 in games vs. Eastern Conference teams this season.- The Bruins are playing their sixth of 12 sets of back-to-back games vs. New Jersey last night (5-2 win) and tonight in Detroit ...They are currently 4-2-0 in the first game of those sets and 2-2-1 in the second games. Bruins will open 2024 in Columbus on 1/2 ... They will then return home to host Pittsburgh on 1/4 and Tampa Bay on 1/6

MILESTONES APPROACHING- Pavel Zacha is expected to play his 500th NHL game tonight.- Pavel Zacha is 2 goals shy of his 100th NHL goal.- Brandon Carlo is 6 points short of his 100th NHL point.- Brad Marchand is 6 points shy of his 900th NHL point.

INJURIES (59 Man-games lost)- Derek Forbort: LTIR

BOSTON vs RED WINGS, LIFETIME SERIES- The Bruins and Red Wings are meeting for the 618th time in their histories with Detroit holding a 260-257-95-5 margin and the Bruins having a 1,873-1,841 scoring edge in those games.- The Bruins are 87-165-52-3 lifetime in 307 road games vs. the Red Wings with Detroit having a 1,026-786 scoring advantage in those contests.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Let's end this year on a high note and go ring in the New Year with a win. New Year is a clean slate, but also lets ride this streak. Bring the energy. Bring the forecheck. Bring the intensity, physicality, the pace, the focus. Bring it from puck drop. Shots to the net. Get dirty. Battle on the boards. We know what it takes so give it a full effort. No injuries, please! Let's get it!

You know the drill
giphy.gif

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
It would be great to beat Detroit, no way the Bruins should have lost to them twice already. I hope they are on a mission and that Charlie is okay to play.

It is such a luxury to have a fresh #1 goalie for every game. Going into the new year the schedule becomes brutal, that will pay dividends.

No injuries please!

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Don't necessarily expect a win here, although the Bruins are very much capable of it. Schedule is really against them though, so the main thing I'm looking for is how the team plays - they've developed some good habits in the last couple of games, been more decisive and quick in their passing, better on the break out, better at beating out opponents to pucks in our O zone and creating repeat opportunities. Keep those sorts of things and if they ultimately run out of legs or the scoreboard otherwise winds up against them I won't mind so much.

Nonetheless, hopefully they can close out the year with at least one more point.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
All these posters with bad feelings, double negative is a positive!! C'mon Bs kick some ass! SWay stones them until Bruins show up!!
power play a concern

I’m a Homer I get it but sure seems a lot of diving going on - Bruins by and large vets and don’t seem to flop

Claude hated it and I’m sure Cassidy as well

It’s taken Brad years to get trust back he’s showing up refs

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Short turnaround, let's get another slump-busting win and feel good heading into a very busy January. I've been to one Red Wings home game, at the Joe in 2010 vs. CBJ(Detroit was hosting the Frozen Four that week). Tigers opening day was on Friday of that week, never seen so much puke on sidewalks. Much of Saturday was spent in a Wisconsin pre-game beer tent outside Ford Field, you can imagine.

Let's devour those Wings! I will, in the usual place this afternoon.

1704038412309.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad