GDT: Game 33 - Winnipeg Jets @ Boston Bruins - Thursday, December 22nd, 2022 - 6:00pm CST - TSN3 - CJOB/POWER 97

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deno

Nov 9, 2022
I'd like to see this game end in a 1 point victory for the Jets. If the Jets put out a great effort, in a closely contested contest, and lose by 1 , I'd also be very satisfied that we can compete with one of the hottest teams so far this year. Looking forward to a hard fought match, either way.

Should add, if the Jets get blown out, with a poor effort, I'd be disappointed.
Agree, as long as the Jets are competitive all game I'll be happy. Boston has just been brutal at home this year. I know this is a over used term but tonight's game is a measuring stick game. The Jets are currently a top 8 team in the league by points and a top 5 by winning percentage. Hopefully they prove tonight that they belong to be in the same category as the top teams in the league.

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
Isn't it time for bears to do this.

1671741976904.png

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I know some of us are hoping that the B's are looking past us to their game with NJ.
But there's talk of that game being amongst the matches to be postponed due to weather.
Whatever chance the Bruins are going to take our injury depleted team lightly is not shared by the Boston fans.
They are all calling us a tough test, good defensive team and so on.
How are we supposed to sneak attack them when they are being so respectful and aware of our teams strong play this year?

Inanna

Liberal Arts Instructor
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Barrie, ON
Hey, you made it home, I see. How many days did it take you to get to the Wet Coast?
Getting here was easy. Flew non-stop from Winnipeg on Monday morning and landed here only 70 minutes behind schedule. My baby sister, who drives like a maniac, met me at the airport and got us into Kits in her usual time and with my hands gripping the dashboard, also as usual. Since then things have gotten much worse here and the whole overfilled city is coming to a halt. We were going to have dinner downtown tonight with my older sister but the three of us decided to all stay home.

Meanwhile, the BF was supposed to fly out here this afternoon and his flight's been cancelled. He yelled about it on the phone like it was my fault. I gently asked about the possibility of later flights and got screamed at a bit more so I hung up on him. Screw that. I'm going to have a merry Christmas with my family and cross my fingers for Jan 3 good weather.

If you think the attitude on our board is pessimistic, you should talk to hockey fans out here. Wow, what a grim bunch, although some of the really dark humour is kinda funny. I don't expect us to beat the big bad Boston teddy bears but at least I'm open to the possibility and won't be declaring doom and gloom if we don't win.

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
I know some of us are hoping that the B's are looking past us to their game with NJ.
But there's talk of that game being amongst the matches to be postponed due to weather.
Whatever chance the Bruins are going to take our injury depleted team lightly is not shared by the Boston fans.
They are all calling us a tough test, good defensive team and so on.
How are we supposed to sneak attack them when they are being so respectful and aware of our teams strong play this year?
Their boards sure seem to give a lot of respect to Winnipeg..Here’s hoping for a good, fast clean game…Oh,wait..Marchand is playing..

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Getting here was easy. Flew non-stop from Winnipeg on Monday morning and landed here only 70 minutes behind schedule. My baby sister, who drives like a maniac, met me at the airport and got us into Kits in her usual time and with my hands gripping the dashboard, also as usual. Since then things have gotten much worse here and the whole overfilled city is coming to a halt. We were going to have dinner downtown tonight with my older sister but the three of us decided to all stay home.

Meanwhile, the BF was supposed to fly out here this afternoon and his flight's been cancelled. He yelled about it on the phone like it was my fault. I gently asked about the possibility of later flights and got screamed at a bit more so I hung up on him. Screw that. I'm going to have a merry Christmas with my family and cross my fingers for Jan 3 good weather.

If you think the attitude on our board is pessimistic, you should talk to hockey fans out here. Wow, what a grim bunch, although some of the really dark humour is kinda funny. I don't expect us to beat the big bad Boston teddy bears but at least I'm open to the possibility and won't be declaring doom and gloom if we don't win.

I'm sorry your BF acted like that. Speaking as one who is hot-headed, he's just ticked off about the situation, and not at you. Doesn't excuse it at all, but hopefully it can at least explain his attitude.

(Mental note: must thank Mrs. Jetson for putting up with me when I get home :laugh:)

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Their boards sure seem to give a lot of respect to Winnipeg..Here’s hoping for a good, fast clean game…Oh,wait..Marchand is playing..
I hated Marchand from day 1. Even when he was on Team Canada for the WJHC. Just such a rat face begging to be punched. What a jerk and he has to be a great player to boot.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
If there's one thing I know about bears after literally hundreds of encounters over 15 years it's this:
Bears are cowards.

Man, whenever I say this about black bears, people stare at me funny - but it's true!

Its true about black bears - various kinds of brown ones, not so much. :laugh:

Grizzlies are less cowardly, but it's pretty rare that you'll ever see one. They're good at steering clear of humans.

You guys here bragging about having multiple bear encounters and living to tell the tale sounds like a real life equivalent of yelling "shutout" with 5 minutes of play left in the 3rd :laugh:

Last edited:

chaos4

Mr.Scratch
Sponsor
Jun 1, 2013
winnipeg
tattooed-shakespeare-mathew-mcfarren.jpg

Yo, what light through yonder Eastern rink breaks?
And yea verily, they say,
Uneasy lies the head that wrestles the bear, and yet -

We of the ‘Peg accept thy thrown gauntlet.

Aye; the Canadian media itself is typically quiet
And as such but whispers the spangled entrance of our wounded squad
Into Boston.

Now - to business.
Come, you playas:
Gauss, Kyle Effing, Fjallboy, JoeMoe, Doobs and Schuffles -
Let fester your typically offensive thoughts,

Pull the pink’d tutu and parasol off the tightroped Bruins before us,
And fill Ullmark’s helm to the toe top-full with the rubber
Aye, vulcanized rubber of direst cruelty!

Make thick my Steigl,
To stopper the access and passage to remorse,
That no compunctious visitings of Marchand-licked Pasta
Shake thy fell purpose, nor keep peace between
The effect and it!

Come, Bruins, to be ensnared in Jet’s humble embrace,
Let the bear be immolated well.
So, so good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events