Post-Game Talk: Game #33 Rangers @ Flyers Saturday, March 27th 1:00 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
If we go on a losing streak, nothing has changed. And it’s typical Rangers to make a black or white a grey area. We either are bad and should focus on developing young guys, or now we show life making management further think we’re good and we don’t focus on the younglings.
Obviously, I think the mantra from up top about needing to make playoffs and win above all else is sacrificing the long term for short term but we shall see we shall see.
As Robert Plant says, all will be revealed.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
Flyers were hell bent on covering him today. He was double teamed a lot
Flyers were excellent defensively in this game. The Rangers had no room to do anything which lead to a bunch of mistakes.

Rangers simply didn't match the effort of Philly today.

Also, anyone complaining about our goaltending this game needs therapy.

That was the only reason this game was even competitive..

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Does it really matter if we lost this game 6-1 like we deserved or 2-1? I'm not saying he didn't play well over time but Shesterkin needs to finish these games and with the exception of maybe the 3-1 Penguins game he hasn't. It might change, Hank also had some third period problems early in his career. But right now he's not good enough to win when we're outplayed if the game is tight.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Take Blackwell off the power play. Take Rooney off the roster. Giving so much latitude to two journeyman 13F when you can't forgive Gauthier for taking a penalty.

A few wins off the play of guys in their late 20s and we're forgetting that the kids are still being stifled.
If the kids were showing anything they would get more ice time. They don't deserve it. Blackwell, Rooney, and Lemieux were 3 of the bottom 4 at 5v5 toi as it is.

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
Next game I’d like to see:

10-16-24
13-93-89
20-72-74
48-21-12

Not because Laf deserves to play more, but because he looked okay with them before and because we need to split up the youth a bit. Kravstov on a kid line that already sucks would just be disastrous.

I want Kravtsov with LaF.

I want to see if Krav brings out some of LaFs playmaking abilities.

And let Chytil do all the dirty work.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Chytil Gauthier Lafreniere averaging 10+ minutes a game. Time for Gorton to step up and fire this coaching staff that has no interest in developing this franchise's future.

A teaching coach with no pedigree in the NHL being paid not to teach but try and win for his own career.

Reactions: Circus86

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Flyers were excellent defensively in this game. The Rangers had no room to do anything which lead to a bunch of mistakes.

Rangers simply didn't match the effort of Philly today.

Good to see an objective, level-headed post among the scalding hot takes

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
If the kids were showing anything they would get more ice time. They don't deserve it. Blackwell, Rooney, and Lemieux were 3 of the bottom 4 at 5v5 toi as it is.

I disagree. The kids are being thrown on a garbage leftover line when they're clearly all struggling together in the bottom 6. It's a waste land and the coaches know it.

Break up the top 6 and give Chytil some linemates.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Why is giving up a goal "shitting his pants"

And you can have your opinion but you are responsible for your opinion. So when you say something stupid you will get a response.

That's fine. But that wasn't a good goal to give up. Maybe it got deflected and I didn't see it, but he made better saves all game. But it's the third period. I just know that at least later in his career Hank would make sure that game gets into OT.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Kakko looked alright on a few shifts. His conditioning started to look iffy again, though, but perhaps he’s still adjusting to the NA schedule. Laf ... just useless.

Kakko is deferring too much on this line. He needs to use his body, just keep the puck and make something happen. He's looking for strome and panarin too immediately. Kakko's game is best when he's involved and has the puck. Not when he's wandering and getting rid of it immediately.

As for Laf -- he's really struggling yeah.

But Panarin looked off all game so that didn't help. Can't defer to the guy who isn't quite himself the last two. Maybe he's got a banged up wrist or hand. Wondered if that's why he wasn't shooting as much.

Chytil is also banged up. He's just not able to play his normal game with that injured hand. I also feel like Laf is a bit of a drag on whatever line he's put on and it's making it harder for Chytil and Gauthier to be effective in their cycle/speed game. Would like to see Kakko put on that line. Blackwell back up with the 2nd line for a bit. And Laf put on the fourth line.

MetalJaws

Mar 12, 2014
Brutal loss. Absolutely Brutal. Ice time allocation has been an issue from the start. Howden, Lemmy, Rooney, Blackwell, Smith and Hajek.

This team never shortens the Bench.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Chytil Gauthier Lafreniere averaging 10+ minutes a game. Time for Gorton to step up and fire this coaching staff that has no interest in developing this franchise's future.

A teaching coach with no pedigree in the NHL being paid not to teach but try and win for his own career.

Maybe win for his employer?

Reactions: CasusBelli

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008
Why do people always jump off a ledge after every loss? Why? Did some expect another touchdown today? The other teamed played pretty well after being embarrassed 2 straight games. Not unexpected.

Its frustrating because the rangers effort was poor. They didnt put pucks on net and handled the puck like a hand grenade. They fell into the same habits of not shooting and overpassing. It is also frustrating to give up the GWG with the fourth line on the ice late as they have giving up a bunch of goals against lately.

Reactions: leetch99

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
It's not recency. You play the game of your career, you don't shit your pants. Hank would finish games like that. I'm not saying he played poorly this game, this was the best game of his career until he once again shit his pants in the third period. He just can't help himself.
When a goalie keeps his team in a game where they get completely outplayed and lose 2-1, it’s not a case of a goalie shitting their pants.

You just have unrealistic expectations from goalies. You should avoid commenting on goaltending for the rest of your life.

Bern’s 27 player trade proposals have more common sense than the garbage you’ve continued to discharge on these boards regarding goaltending.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
If we go on a losing streak, nothing has changed. And it’s typical Rangers to make a black or white a grey area. We either are bad and should focus on developing young guys, or now we show life making management further think we’re good and we don’t focus on the younglings.
Obviously, I think the mantra from up top about needing to make playoffs and win above all else is sacrificing the long term for short term but we shall see we shall see.
As Robert Plant says, all will be revealed.

Teams try to win games.

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008
That's fine. But that wasn't a good goal to give up. Maybe it got deflected and I didn't see it, but he made better saves all game. But it's the third period. I just know that at least later in his career Hank would make sure that game gets into OT.

Now that is an important to know before losing your shit

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I'm not saying Igor played poorly, without the context of giving up another late game goal this was an amazing game by him. But if you're an elite goalie you f***ing FINISH.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Is Shesterkin early in his career or later in his career?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad