GDT: Game 33: Preds vs Oilers 7:00 PM CST "Score More than Them Again Edition!!!"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
gave me a good laugh!!

oh wait... negative, right... um your username sucks! :sarcasm:

:laugh:

I appreciate the "negative" realists, myself. Alot better than those guys who come in and say "well gee whiz guys, better to peak later than now, just look at the Kings last year" after you lose 8-0.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Offense continues to look fantastic- it's hard to believe this is the same team that couldn't score 3 goals in a week earlier in the season (although with all the call ups I guess it's not really the same team)

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I'm somewhere between realistic and positive.

i don't try to be negative.. im just an absolute die hard preds fan.. no other sport comes close. this stuff literally affects my moods lol. im not one that will change my opinion after going on a 3 game win streak against non-playoff teams.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
i don't try to be negative.. im just an absolute die hard preds fan.. no other sport comes close. this stuff literally affects my moods lol. im not one that will change my opinion after going on a 3 game win streak against non-playoff teams.

If we were to take your posts of the past few weeks at face value, you should be predicting those "non-playoff teams" to own us right now. The team is doing things right in both ends and getting most of the puck luck ... a combination we didn't see when we were scoring four at Vancouver.

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Call the police; an alien or evil hockey-playing spirit has possessed SK!

if this was a normal 82 game season wed probably just be seeing kostitsyn waking up and getting hot and he'd still finish the year with 20. As it is I hope his going to go on an insane hot streak and get to 12 before were done

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver

Same. Vandy basketball is the only other thing that can affect me like the Preds. I took the day off work after we lost to Murray St. on that buzzer beater. Don't care for baseball and my NFL team is the Bills which is effectively the Oilers of the NFL.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Same. Vandy basketball is the only other thing that can affect me like the Preds. I took the day off work after we lost to Murray St. on that buzzer beater. Don't care for baseball and my NFL team is the Bills which is effectively the Oilers of the NFL.
ouch.. the bills? they are bad. i root for vandy! but the crimson tide come 1st ;)

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
If we were to take your posts of the past few weeks at face value, you should be predicting those "non-playoff teams" to own us right now. The team is doing things right in both ends and getting most of the puck luck ... a combination we didn't see when we were scoring four at Vancouver.
i mean im surprised we have strung some wins in a row but like i said.. these wins don't impress me. we're 7-7-5 against playoff teams with 3 games against chicago remaining.. ill wait till we start our april schedule to be impressed

bereanca

Jul 14, 2006
Edmonton
we don't need anything when we play the oilers.... lol. talk about bad. couldn't imagine being an oilers fan.. like drw says all the time.. be thankful.

Indeed. It's brutal. We've gone from one of the best dynasties ever to probably the worst franchise in the history of the game.

Most of our vets are dead weight, or worse. We need three to four NHL defense men. We need a goalie. Two of our young stars (RNH and Eberle) have been for the most part invisible this year. Hall has had flashes without any consistency. Paajarvi has settled in after being jerked around for the first half of the year. Gagner has been our best and haven't seen much of him tonight. Our coach refuses to play the one young guy, Yakupov, who always shows a passion for the game, in anything but the most innocuous situations.

Preds don't seem quite so bad now, huh?

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Indeed. It's brutal. We've gone from one of the best dynasties ever to probably the worst franchise in the history of the game.

Most of our vets are dead weight, or worse. We need three to four NHL defense men. We need a goalie. Two of our young stars (RNH and Eberle) have been for the most part invisible this year. Hall has had flashes without any consistency. Paajarvi has settled in after being jerked around for the first half of the year. Gagner has been our best and haven't seen much of him tonight. Our coach refuses to play the one young guy, Yakupov, who always shows a passion for the game, in anything but the most innocuous situations.

Preds don't seem quite so bad now, huh?

your right.. they dont. really feel bad for you guys. hope yall can turn it around soon..

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
i mean im surprised we have strung some wins in a row but like i said.. these wins don't impress me. we're 7-7-5 against playoff teams with 3 games against chicago remaining.. ill wait till we start our april schedule to be impressed

That's 50% of possible points against playoff teams. If we were as bad as your posts portray, that would be impossible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad