GDT: Game 33: Preds vs Oilers 7:00 PM CST "Score More than Them Again Edition!!!"

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
i don't think anything was said about "over-paid".. just that when they are producing, they are earning their huge paychecks, which they are huge. we have no forward on this team other than wilson that has deserved a top 6 salary. they suck against quality opponents.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
When they play well, I see it as them earning their (huge) paychecks. When they play bad for consecutive games (and arent getting scratched), I don't mind chipping in on the criticism, since their salary is the equivalent to 3, 4, even 5 of the young guys like Mueller and Beck who have been working their ***** off to secure a spot on the team.

In comparison to their season in, season out numbers .. their paychecks aren't huge.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
We can talk about production in comparison to salary all day long. At the end of the day, are the players doing what Trotz is asking of them? Are they playing his system the way he wants and winning games. Without that knowledge, it's hard to say if these guys are earning their money or not. We try and compare them to guys on other teams but they are in different situations with different coaches and their systems. The thing is, we can look at numbers but do we see all the little intricacies that make up a players worth? That's what a coaching staff is for. That's why a guy like Craig Smith, who I thought was playing well, is in Milwaukee right now. That's why a guy like Yip keeps getting minutes on this team. That's why Klein is out there on the PK and plays a big shutdown role on the blue line. I could go on and on but I think you all get my point.

Would it be nice for guys to light the lamp like crazy, sure. But if they haven't done it here for years, what's going to change that? Not too much as long as Trotz is the coach and the players are playing that system. Let's look at overall results of the team and judge them as a team instead of nitpicking what they do or don't do on a nightly basis because what we're nitpicking about may or may not be what the staff is on to them about.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
To each his own, but I'm not really worried about salary when I am discussing a game. If Weber and Rinne have a great game, I'm not going ignore it or not discuss it or refrain from praising them because they have a high salary and are therefore just doing what they are supposed to be doing.

Same thing if its a minimum salary rookie- if they play well I'll say so and if they stink I'll say so.
You need to post more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad