BRUINS GDT GAME 33 12/27 7:40 PM - A wounded bear shuffles off to Buffalo - TNT, MAX, 98.5 WBZ-FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1703574110303.png

1703574155703.png

1703574239230.png

Reactions: caz16 and hrdpuk

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Under the CBA the Bruins must fly out on the day of the game with no ice time to work on issues that have caused them to lose 4 in a row.

They are facing a classic Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde team in the Sabres who in their last 2 home games were embarrassed by Columbus and then came back to blow out Toronto.

I have no clue on how this will play out

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Buffalo's looked good last few games. If the Bruins don't play much better than they have been the losing will continue.

To beat Buffalo you have to be physical, keep the play outside and dominate in net front. All very possible to do but playing that win by a goal thing will backfire as they can score fast if you give them the time and space.

Reactions: bobbyorr04

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Clifton has been a multi-category monster of late, producing seven assists, 15 hits, 11 blocked shots, six shots on goal, five PIM and a plus-8 rating over the last eight games.
Cliffy on a tear lately.
Had the good game against Toronto, but I thought his best game all year was this past one against NYR. logged over 24 mins.

Reactions: Gordoff

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Lindholm looks well rested and ready to go....even if he's wearing someone else's helmet

Bruins need to come out with renewed energy and win 4-2

• Haha
Reactions: sooshii and hrdpuk

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Lindholm looks well rested and ready to go....even if he's wearing someone else's helmet

Bruins need to come out with renewed energy and win 4-2

With the tongue out you just know that's Marchand...

First game post a break, no idea what to expect. Surely the Bruins are at least going to put in a hard effort to try and snap this slump, but whether that translates into good, effective hockey is another matter. Same goes for Buffalo, who need all the points they can get. Fingers crossed the Bs can start to get their passing game back in order and look to generate some more consistent, sustained offense that raises the pressure on the Sabres' shaky D. Do that and good things should happen.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
If the goaltending doesn't stand up, the whole thing is domino's...
It's a key area for both teams. But, it comes down to will. Who wants it more, who will be better in all 3 zones, and who WILL show up.
If our forwards stand there with their tails between their legs and not move their feet, not backcheck and play with desperation, and mail it in then it's a lost cause.
If they don't stand up for each other, they fall apart.
If the D stands up and moves the puck up with conviction to forwards whose feet are moving and sticks are on the ice we have a better than average chance of pulling this one out.
The real Lindholm needs to show up, IMO his game contribution and execution needs to a whole lot better.

Last edited:

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Mcavoy -13 in his last 12 games 😬

And his -7 for the season is the worst on the team. At the other end Carlo and Forbort lead the way with +12 and +9 respectively. Both have had their own bad moments, but for the most part have been pretty solid. McAvoy carries a heavier load than either of them, it must be acknowledged, but still, he's not at his best and some of his defensive play and positioning has been poor. Lindholm has been even worse, and combine that with a struggling Gryz and it's not hard to see why the D has been feeling the strain.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
If they lose to Buffalo again I'd say it's time for a major shake-up

It's time for a shakeup regardless. Sh*t isn't working on multiple levels.

They're a mess.

One of the reasons why is that there is no stability in the lineup because of Montgomery's endless tinkering.

It's nearly January.

Select a line up and go with it already. You know, for more than one shift.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
I didn't see the Sabres/Leafs game, but I wonder if Buffalo had a burr in their side with so many Leafs fans in attendance?

Goaltending strongly favors the B's, so the Bruins need a shot mentality.
I watched that game and can tell you exactly what happened. Yes, Sabres were on a wake up call game after getting embarrassed by a lazy effort against Columbus AND Leafs don't like to play defense and they didn't. It was a wide open game with almost no checking and in that open ice sort of game Sabres are incredibly dangerous. You simply can't give them open ice.

The good news is they still suck in front of the net so that's the key to beating them.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Mcavoy -13 in his last 12 games 😬

The first order of business should be fixing the D. Forbort is out. Lohrei is a rookie and makes his mistakes. Carlo has been their best defenseman. Gryzlick, Lindholm and McAvoy have played poorly. Why, I'm not sure. Blown assignments, bad passes, a maddening inability to get the puck out of the zone, etc.

It's not just the personnel, either. The system isn't working because other clubs are beating the Bruins to the puck and disrupting their outs. This, to me, is the primary culprit. They have to modify what they're doing when setting up breakouts or rethink their approach entirely.

And then, of course, you have the late, deflating goals at the end of the period. The blown third period leads. The inability to clear the crease and relieve pressure in their own zone. Other clubs are now convinced they can push the Bruins around, hector them for minutes on end in the defensive zone, and eventually score.

I'll leave the lack of secondary scoring, overreliance on goaltending, overreliance on their best players with mentally and physically exhausting minutes night after night, soft as Charmin players, and constant line instability to one side for the moment.

I'm not sure fans understand how seriously dysfunctional things have become.

There aren't one or two glaring issues. There are several.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad