GDT: Game 32: Lightning vs Coyotes - 7:30pm (AZ) - BSAZ+, 98.7FM

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
It’s amazing listening to Andre touringy talk after the game. Has a clue what’s going on out there, as opposed to Tocchet saying “ yeah we just gotta stick with it man idk hah”

The future is exciting for many reasons. What could Bear do with a good roster? Hopefully they keep him long enough to find out.

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
It’s amazing listening to Andre touringy talk after the game. Has a clue what’s going on out there, as opposed to Tocchet saying “ yeah we just gotta stick with it man idk hah”
nothing drove me more crazy than tocchets post game mumbles and meaningless cliches. dude was not very articulate. makes sense he in tv now

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I spent all week thinking this game was today. The things you learn on Saturday morning. Ah, well. I would not have been out of work in time to go last night anyway.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Can’t ask for a better effort from a rebuilding team against the defending champions
I watched bits and pieces of the game and the effort was there. Not sure if I would call this team a rebuilding team at the moment, as it sounds we are not done tearing it down, and half this team won't be here next year. Next year is when the rebuild truly starts, and hopefully after next year we can stop with taking other teams cap dumps.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
He is more articulate than RT, but too early to tell with this roster if he is a good NHL coach or not yet.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
One interesting point on Schmaltz is that since returning from injury he is on a 64-point pace.
Schmaltz has his warts, but so do all other players on this team. Schmaltz has a lot of talent, something this team needs. Not sure why he is the whipping boy.

Reactions: Prarievarg

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Schmaltz has his warts, but so do all other players on this team. Schmaltz has a lot of talent, something this team needs. Not sure why he is the whipping boy.

His demeanor makes it look like he doesn't care, which probably isn't the case. Like Devo, he rarely smiles after a goal.

Reactions: Prarievarg

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
I watched bits and pieces of the game and the effort was there. Not sure if I would call this team a rebuilding team at the moment, as it sounds we are not done tearing it down, and half this team won't be here next year. Next year is when the rebuild truly starts, and hopefully after next year we can stop with taking other teams cap dumps.
I think you've gotta count the tear down as part of the rebuild. For me personally, it's the OEL Garland trade, allowing us to get a prospect like Guenther. That was such a transformative move for the franchise, and God I hope Guenther develops.

Reactions: DoanStopBelievin

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
P/GP since Schmaltz joined the club in Nov, 2018. For a Coyote, he's not half bad. :snide:

upload_2022-2-12_11-54-58.png

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Even Lindsey Fry was calling him out on the radio.

Rightfully so, imo. Bush was further up the ice and hustled back and beat Schmaltz easily. Bush... Who def isn't known as a speedy guy.

Idk if Schmaltz is a "whipping boy", but I think fans can definitely call a player out for a play like that. Sure you can have talent and all but efforts like that are not acceptable for a professional team.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Idk if Schmaltz is a "whipping boy", but I think fans can definitely call a player out for a play like that. Sure you can have talent and all but efforts like that are not acceptable for a professional team.

I don't think too many people would be all that frustrated with Schmaltz if he didn't at times look like a almost complete package top end 2nd liner. It's just his game turns to doo doo for 3-4 months a season. Makes it a lot worse when you see what could be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad